Monday, January 28, 2008

A little of this and a little of that....

Dearest Readers,


It was a little of this and a little of that kind of day here at Honey Hill Farm.  A few loads of laundry (washed with homemade laundry soap-I hope some of you have tried this) started the day followed by a thorough scrubbing of the kitchen sink.  With the sink now sparkling, it was time to catch up on some correspondence and a few overdue phone calls.  I was able to send a package in the mail to one of my dear Sisters-in-Love; just a little something to thank her for all her support this last year...smile!


I have been working on a recipe binder and was able to complete a few more pages. (I will gladly share this if I ever finish!) I have so many recipes that it has become difficult to organize them in any rational fashion. I create a monthly menu and shop weekly, so a more efficient system is a must.


Also, after a wonderful telephone conversation with my dear friend L, I went right to my computer and printed out my blog pages, I think that I will put them in a notebook.  This will be a charming reminder of days gone by to pass along to my children.


A quick visit to the Sense and Sensibilities website renewed my vow to finish all my sewing projects so that I can start on a couple dresses I want for the summer.  Oh, all my poor neglected WIPS (works in progress)! 


Well, the sun is now behind our little mountain and it is starting to get dark here in the parlour.  Time to turn on a few lamps and start supper.  Tonight will be Turkey Burgers and a few leftovers from this weekend - easy peasy lemon squeezy! 


Blessings from Honey Hill Farm,


Shan

2 comments:

stitchnchick said...

Sounds like a lovely day! I like the idea of saving the blog pages as a keepsake. Don't you just love Sense and Sensibility patterns? Please be sure to share your creations with us. :-)


Amy

Anonymous said...

Sense and Sensibility website? I'm definitely going to have to take a look, I'm so pleased to have you lead me into a world I didn't know anything about. So glad to hear you did go ahead and print out the blogs like we talked. The generations to come will treasure this insight into who you were and what was important to you!


L