Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Looking forward to a visit...

Dearest Friends,


I am looking forward to tomorrow as I will have a visit from my dear cousin here at Honey Hill Farm.  We are only two years apart in age and have been best friends, for our whole lives.  We share so many fun and wonderful memories of all our years of growing up together. 


I have made a special repast of Turkey Cranberry Salad sandwiches for our lunch. ( I will share that recipe with you tomorrow.)  I also made a big batch of Oatmeal Scotchies and I used whole wheat flour.  The cookies are a little "flat" but taste delicious.  If anyone out there has some secrets for whole wheat flour baking, please let me know. 


I wanted to say a special thank you to everyone who has left such dear and kind comments over the last few days.  As a new blogger I have appreciated the encouragement from all of the more seasoned writers out there.


Blessings to all of you from Honey Hill Farm,


Shan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shan, your blog is beautiful, I will look forward to visiting often. Hope you have a blessed time with your cousin! Looking forward to the recipe tomorrow! Gail

Anonymous said...

I never did perfect the whole wheat flour baking issue. I finally ended up using about half whole wheat, half regular flour and that seemed to work a bit better, but I never did get the loft we are used to. I'm looking forward to hearing what solutions others may have found out there! Have a great visit with your cousin, and as always - wonderful pictures!

Laurie

Anonymous said...

Your lunch plans for your cousin sound very delicious. I also love the picture of the blue and white teapot set. :)


I hope you enjoyed your visit!