Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Busy as Bees.......


Dearest Readers,


What a busy day we have planned here at Honey Hill Farm.  First, we hope to be able to "plant" the Easter Decorations I finally finished.  Dearest is not sure that the ground will be thawed enough to allow him to drive the stakes that support them.  If not, I will have to tie them to the porch rails somehow.


Next, a trip to the library is in order followed by a stop at the post office.  I also hope to stop at the local college Alumni office and see if they have old graduation photos of a few of our relatives for a scrapbook page I am planning.


Once we are back home, I will put out the indoor Easter decorations and wash a few loads of laundry.  Tonight for supper we will have Honey Baked Turkey, steamed vegetables and rice.  I don't have a recipe for the turkey, I just cook until done and then remove the lid and baste with honey and sprinkle Mrs. Dash.  Then I put it under the broiler so that the outside gets good and crisp.  So yummy!


Warm wishes for a delightful day,


Shan


The photo above gives a hint of the ceiling here in our parlour - very easy and inexpensive to do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shan,the dinner sounds so good,I will try the honey and Mrs Dash the next time I cook turkey.Did you do the ceiling with a stencil? A very pretty detail.Have a great day! Love,Gayle

Anonymous said...

What a great idea for a scrapbook page! Hope you were able to get the photos you had in mind...


L