Sunday, February 17, 2008

Keeping close to Home.....


Dearest Readers,


We have had snow off and on all day here at Honey Hill Farm.  It has been the kind of day to stay curled-up by the fire, good book in hand and a hot steaming cup of tea in the front parlour.  Close to home is always the best place to be. 


I had a leisurely day of a little laundry, a little crafting and making sure to put the pork roast in the oven for dinner.  These slow moving days are my favorite, no rushing to and fro, frazzled and bedraggled. I find I am reinvigorated to tackle the upcoming week with joy and gratitude if I have a calm weekend.


This week I hope to finish the varnishing of my outdoor Easter decorations, so they are ready to put outside this week.  My, but this project has taken so much longer than I anticipated! 


I also want to start painting the upstairs bedroom.  I would like to have the house in good shape for the Graduation party that we will have in May for two of the Darlings.  We have one graduating from college and one from high school!  I try not to make the house the focus of a celebration, rather the hospitality that I offer to our guests.  However, I do like to use the "pressure" of an event to prompt myself to finish projects! I wonder how many readers would share that same sentiment - LOL.


Have a blessed evening and wonderful Monday morning!


Yours kindredly,


Shan


The picture above is a corner of the front parlour where I can enjoy a quiet afternoon.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I received your check yesterday and checked to see if I have your email address and do not...I need that to send you your Gazette when the first issue comes out. Would you email me at simplicity@superpa.net


Thank you!

Peggy

The Simple Woman's Gazette

rildapeel1 said...

Just stopped by to say "Hello!" It sure is great that we can share like this. It does seem to make us motivated to have somthing which calls us forward. May 2008 be full of God's riches and best for you. Have a blessed week! rilda *U*

Anonymous said...

What a cozy corner, so peaceful and pretty looking.You should be an interior decorator,because you have such a gift for placing things just so,and the colors you use are so soothing together.I know what you mean about getting that extra little push when you have something coming up!Have a wonderful,blessed day. Love,Gayle

Anonymous said...

Hi Shan,

I so enjoy your blog. i too live a simple life. I would love to have you visit me. Please send me an email and I will send you an invite.

Blessings,

Elizabeth Quigley

djquigley@sbcglobal.net

southernbelle said...

There's nothing like an upcoming holiday or family get-together or party that inspires me to really go the 2nd mile in and around the house. Cleaning, decorating, cooking, baking, weeding, planting....