Saturday, February 9, 2008

A Lovely Day....

Dearest Friends,


It was a lovely day here at Honey Hill Farm.  Dearest played hockey on our pond with family and friends very early this morning!  The much-enjoyed ice will not last long with the temperature hovering around 50 as it was today.  This "tease" by Mother Nature reminds us that spring is just around the corner!


We heat our home primarily with two wood-burning stoves.  We have one in both the front and back parlours.  We do have a furnace, but we rarely use it.  So today, Dearest and one of the Darlings made a trip to the wood lot and hauled our last load of wood for the season.  It won't be long before we are opening windows and doors and letting the cool breezes of spring refresh the dear old house. 


I stayed home and worked on my outdoor Easter decorations.  I am taking photographs as I proceed and I will share the directions with you when I am finished.  I hope to have them ready for display by next weekend. 


Tonight, we are meeting our Darling Girl and having a family night out at a favorite restaurant.  We always look forward to spending time as a family and breaking bread together.


I hope you have a blessed evening,


Shan

2 comments:

jsb said...

Sounds like an idyllic life. Do you think that maybe I could move in with you guys?

martha said...

A picture is always worth a thousand words!