Saturday, February 23, 2008

Outdoor Easter Decorations........

 


Dearest Readers,


I am happy to report that I have finally finished the outdoor Easter decorations I started nearly 3 weeks ago!  First, I created a pattern for all of the shapes - I used the outdoor flag I had purchased as my inspiration. I have several Victorian flags but I did not have one for Easter.  I looked and looked but could not find a Victorian one, so I just bought the flag (see photo below) that spoke to my heart.


I had Dearest cut out shapes for me out of some scrap lumber.  Next, I used a water based sealer and sealed all the shapes on all sides.  You can buy the sealer on the same aisle as the acrylic paints. Then, I base coated all of the shapes, traced on the patterns and finished with all of the detail painting.  I finished with 3 coats of exterior varnish (on the aisle with the paints). 


We had a couple of days of warm temps and Dearest was able to drive the stakes into the ground for me.  I then gave my light-up Momma Goose and her Goslings a touch of Easter!  I also tied my "carrots" in several of our trees to finish with my decorating.  (In case you are wondering, I bought the carrots years ago.  They are supposed to be for treat bags, but I think they are fun hanging in the trees!) 




 


 Now I must get busy and finish decorating the inside of our dear old home! 


I would be so grateful, dear readers, if you would leave me a comment and give me some ideas of things that you would like me to post on my blog.  Would you care to see more pictures of my home?  Would you like craft ideas?  How about recipes?  The history of our dear old homestead?  As I am new to blogging, I would be interested in your opinion. 


Kindrely yours,


Shan

8 comments:

gabbie427 said...

I love the easter decorations!!! Great job!!!!


Thanks for popping by my blog and leaving a comment!!


God's Blessings,

Amy Jo

Anonymous said...

Hi Shan,

How pretty. You are so very talented. I love your home. I am attracted to old homes. I love hearing about her simple days.

Thanks for dropping by for a visit.

Hugs,

Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

You did a great job ~ the decorations look beautiful!


Deb ~ homespun living

findingcontentment said...

Your house is beautiful, I would love to see the inside! My daughter and I were looking and your decorations and becoming inspired. We usually don't decorate for Easter but we may just do it this year!


Barb J.

stitchnchick said...

Hi Shan!


What a lovely home you have! I always enjoy seeing it. I love coming here to visit, no matter what topic you are writing about. :-)


Amy

southernbelle said...

LOVE the decorations! What a great job. Yes, I love seeing picture tours of homes. Look forward to it!

Anonymous said...

Would love to see a tour of your beautiful home,and any craft or recipe ideas would be wonderful as well.The Easter decorations are beautiful,you did a great job!Love,Gayle

CarrieAnn7 said...

Your blog is just that for me . . . . . PURE REFRESHMENT. There is a peace that transcends form your home to mine as I sit and enjoy hearing of your day; touring your beautiful home; and ponder the thoughts of your kind gentle words regarding your friends, family and most of all your "Dearest". I would love to hear more about you, your children, your (and your home's) history. May the Lord richly bless you and your loved ones today and each day that follows.


In Him;

Carrie


PS As a fellow Coloradan: How about that weather today? The sun shining bright and yet it was snowing. It was beautiful!