Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Quiet Homekeeping....Daily Grace

Dearest Readers,


The past few days have been filled with the rhythm of everyday living...I call it quiet homekeeping. There is such grace in the small things, the seemingly not-so-important-to-the-outside-world things that make a house a home.  It brings me such joy to have my home in order, a good nutritious meal in the oven, a craft project in my work basket and my family all around me.  What more could anyone want in life?  I am so sad, truly sad, for all those in this world that run from store to store, place to place trying to find happiness.  It is never sold, for any price, in any store.  It is found right in your own backyard, if I may borrow a line from dear Dorothy. 


I hope that each of you reading this will find grace in your everyday life....I believe it is a glimpse of Heaven upon this earth, that quiet feeling of deep-down happiness.  It is found in the simple and quiet of each day.  The sun shining through wavy glass and lace curtains, the aroma of a loaf of fresh bread, an apron tied around your waist that makes you feel just like your Great-Grandmother........simple, oh so simple.


Yours in quiet spirit,


Shan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true and so well said...wishing you a day filled with simple joys!


L

gabbie427 said...

The simple joys of homemaking. If you had tried to tell me I would be talking or enjoying these a couple of years ago I would have laughed at you!


Now I enjoy fresh clean laundry, dinner in the crcokpot or the oven and being a SAHM taking care of the household! Who would have thought the simplest joys would come from these things!!!!


God's Blessings,

Amy Jo

brumbemom said...

Your blog blessed me today. I just thought I would let you know.

Thank you.