Tuesday, February 12, 2008

What are You Wearing Today?


Dearest Readers,


Today will be a busy day here at Honey Hill Farm.  Dearest and I will be heading into town to shop at Costco.  I need to replenish my stock cupboard and freezer.  I find it so much more delightful when I can "shop" in my own home instead of running to the store every other day.  It is much easier on my pocketbook too.


Later in the day I will continue to work on my outdoor Easter decorations.  Dearest cut the shapes for me and I have been busy with the painting, I hope to have them varnished and in place by this weekend.


I also will need to stop by our hardware store and pick-up 2 gallons of paint for one of the upstairs bedrooms.  I will share a before and after of the room with you.  This is the last room in our home that hasn't been "victorianized"!  (I don't think that is really a word - but I like it!) It will be two shades of a turquoise blue with burgundy accents and a gold stencil.  I am not afraid of color, as you can see.


Lastly, I thought it would be fun to share "What I am Wearing Today"... I saw this on another blog and it sounded fun.


What I am Wearing Today....Nice brown slacks, brown sweater with ivory lace cuffs and sewn-in ivory lace collar, a pretty paisley shawl in browns and tans for warmth, brown Mary Janes, my hair is rolled and then tucked up under a pretty brown ribbon barrette. A lovely cameo and ear rings add a splash of color. 


What are you wearing today?


Have a glorious day Dearests,


Shan


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make me feel like I am right there with you as you go about your day,and it sounds very lovely.Please post the Easter decorations as they sound so cute, and your outfit sounds like something out of Victoria magazine.It sounds so pretty.I love your blog and look forward to your new postings.I feel very peaceful when I read your posts.You are an inspiration and a blessing to others. God bless you.

Sincerely,

Gayle

findingcontentment said...

I would love to see pictures of your "victorianized" home. We are gettting ready to paint and "frugally" redecorate in the spring. And although most of the house will simply have a country look, hubby has given me permission to do the bedroom in a Victorian theme.


Oh, and thanks for reminding me that Easter is almost here. I need to get busy planning!


Barb J.