Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Case of Love.........

Dearest Readers,


Years ago during a Christmas shopping trip for the Darlings, Dearest and I walked into a Victorian shop filled to the brim with interesting and unusual gifts.  I simply could not stop looking at a "quilt  case" that was on display.  I could imagine all the fun I might have changing vignettes for each season or month.  After oohing and ahhing for a few moments, we went on our way to finish our shopping.  I never gave it another thought...well, maybe a little.


Lo and behold, Dearest went back to that store and on Christmas morning he carried the beautiful case into our parlour!  You can imagine the tears rolling down my cheeks! 


Here we are years later and that "quilt case" still has pride of place in our front parlour.  I have changed the display to my Spring Finery Vignette, thinking of my Dearest as I gently placed each item in place.  A kindhearted man with a terrible "Case of Love".



 I am blessed, truly blessed!


Yours kindredly,


Shan


 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful story,thank you for sharing it with us.And what a beautiful case.You can feel each item was placed in its place with love,and it touches the heart.Thanks,Shan for sharing your home and heart with all of us,you are such a blessing.Have a wonderful day. Love,Gayle

bodkin said...

Dearest Gayle,


I am so happy that you stopped by here at Honey Hill Farm. Thank you for your kind comment, it means so much to me.


Yours kindredly,

Shan

Anonymous said...

Dear Shan,

I enjoy your lovely writings and beautiful photos of all your wonderful happenings at Honey Hill Farm. I found you through dear Sharon's blog, Vintage Inspirations. I have wanted to leave a comment for some time!

Your quilt case is so beautiful! I love the pretty old-fashioned things you displayed in it. That was so very thoughtful and generous of your dear husband! I am blessed to have a thoughtful and generous husband too!

Your home is so beautiful and I love how you decorate and how you write about your life at your homestead, Honey Hill Farm!

Thank you for sharing!

The Lord bless you!

Paula

Anonymous said...

What a sweet romantic husband he is ~ love your treasures, especially the parasol. I have acquired a few Ladies Home Journals from 1911 ~ 1914, aren't they just grand?!!


Lady Laurie

bodkin said...

Paula,


I am so happy you found me! Thank you so very kindly for your dear thoughts, I hope you will comment often. Let me know what types of things interest you and maybe I can write about them.


Yours truly,

Shan

Anonymous said...

Dear Shan,

You are welcome! Thank you so much for your kind note! I think you are already writing about many things I am interested in. I love all things homey... family, organic cooking and organic heirloom gardening, decorating, sewing, crafts, natural cleaning. I love old books, old homes and antiques. I will enjoy whatever you write about!

I have a blog too, if you would like to visit sometime, it is called Rose Cottage by the Lake.

Have a lovely evening!

Paula

bodkin said...

I have missed you while you take a break from blogging. How is the work on your house? I cannot wait until you are writing again, but understand the need to put a few things aside.


Yours very warmly,

Shan

Honey Hill Farm

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your sweet comment left at The Simple Woman today, however I just wanted to know if you mentioned the Gazette as in you never received your issue. I do not show you subscribed and wanted to make sure about this...Please email me at simplicity@superpa.net perhaps I missed your email.

Blessings, Peggy

Sandra said...

What a beautiful gift to receive from a loving husband. You're display is just lovely and it must be so fun to change the display to suit the season or whatever catches your eye.