Sunday, March 2, 2008

A Currier & Ives Day......

Dearest Readers,


Our dear Honey Hill Farm looked just like my Currier and Ives plate, as an overnight snow covered everything in a blanket of white.  I woke this morning to blazing fires in both our wood stoves and Dearest already out shoveling his way to the chicken house. (He is such a kind and dear husband.)  Can you believe that just yesterday we had temperatures in the 70's! 


I decided it would be a perfect day for dreaming of our spring garden as I sat next to a warm fire and sipped a hot cup of tea.  I poured over my seed catalog from R.H. Shumway's and plotted the garden so that I could plant an abundance of heirloom fruits and vegetables. 



I think every square inch of our garden will produce something wonderful.....



We can't wait to have a "salad dinner" on our front porch as we watch the colors of a glorious sunset.....the canner working non-stop as we preserve the gift of God's bounty....and rows and rows of sparkling jars lined up in my pantry.....pure bliss.   


So I leave you dear readers, with the sunshine days of spring just a promise away....


Kindredly yours,


Shan

4 comments:

countrylivin said...

What a beautiful picture from Currier and Ives! I absolutely LOVE their paintings. I have a few winter homestead plates of theirs!

GrandmaRosie said...

Lovely post Sweetie. It brought peace to my soul.

Anonymous said...

Trees were beginning to bud here from the warm temperatures and this morning it is snowing! I love your posts,Shan,they make me feel peaceful and touch a place in my heart.You have a wonderful day.

Love,Gayle

Anonymous said...

How will I remember thinking spring was one it's way, taking out the bicycle and cleaning flower beds only to find a heavy blanket of snow had fallen.


We have been flipping through the seed catalog trying to make last minute decisions. We will try to follow the old wives tail of putting our peas in on the 17th of March.


We are back to Denver next week for a third interview. We'll be watching the weather for Colorado as we know that it can change quickly.