Saturday, March 8, 2008

Spring Cleaning Fever....

Dearest Readers,


My what a busy week we have had here at Honey Hill Farm!  From re-organizing my icebox to revamping my menu planning I believe I have caught "Spring Cleaning Fever".  It seems apparent that this is a very contagious disease as I have read of similar ailments on numerous blogs! 


I had such pleasure with my menu planning as I decided to designate a theme for each day of the week.  Sundays will now feature the flavors of Italy.  On "Meaty Monday" I will serve Dearest's favorites such as Steak and Bake or Pork Chops and Scalloped Potatoes.  Tuesday will remain "Mom's Choice".  Wednesday I will bring dishes from afar, this week will be inspired by Mexico.  BBQ Thursday is sure to please even my pickiest eater followed by Soup and Sandwich Friday.  Saturday couldn't be easier because it is "Clean out the Fridge Day". 


Dear Friends, I thought you might like to see my Menu Board.  I just printed out a blank calender and took it to our local printer.  I had them enlarge the calender so that the squares were 2 1/2" by 3".  Next, I had the calendar laminated. (The cost was $12.30 for the enlarging and laminating.)  I added photo corner mounts in each square.  I used vintage looking "luggage tags" for my menu cards (I cut them to fit)and I simply hand lettered each one.  All that I have to do is number the days with an erasable marker and I have an easy and inexpensive menu board that I can use over and over!


I hope that you have a quiet, gentle early spring day!


Kindredly yours,


Shan

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea.I like that you can just keep reusing it,very helpful.Sounds like you had a very productive day.Have a wonderful week ahead. Love,Gayle

Handmaiden said...

How creative! You have given me a challenge to do better with my monthly menus!. I enjoy visiting your farm. handmaiden

Anonymous said...

How pretty. I too have had spring fever. I am ready for warmer weather and being able to go outside more.

Hugs,

Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Hi Shan,

Your menu board is lovely and I have really been enjoying your blog!

Have a blessed day,


Sharon

www.theshepherdshouse.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

I like your menu board, that is such a neat idea.

Your blog is wonderful, I love your old~fashioned beautiful Victorian home! I am a Wife and SAHM too and I love to read blogs like yours that enjoy homemaking as much as I do.


Sincerely.

Lady Laurie

http://vintagerose42.blogspot.com