Saturday, April 19, 2008

Pleasant Days........

Good Morning Dearest Readers,


What a lovely spring morning here at Honey Hill Farm!  I have quite a few chores that need attention, but I am sure I will have time to sit on our front porch and sip a lovely cup of tea. 


The upstairs bedroom is about three-quarters finished and I must say that I am pleased with the Victorian feel that seems to be evolving.  Instead of wood trim to separate the two colors on the wall I am using gold braided trim. Now, I wasn't sure that this was going to be just the look I was after, but I must say that it is just so easy and looks so delightful that I am sorry I haven't tried it before.  I will make sure and get a close-up of this treatment for you to see for yourself. 


I have been soaking my Morning Glories (after putting a tiny nick in each one) and they need to be planted today near the front fence and trellis.  I just love the look of an English Garden, all wild and covered with blossoming vines.  Isn't it funny, but I think it is harder to achieve the English Garden look than it is to have everything in nice neat rows?  I have had to move things from one bed to another and really stand back and look at my flower beds before I decide if they  look charming or just messy! 


Dearest and the Darling Boys are going to tidy up around the farm today.  Not too much work, but they seem to always find a need to start up the backhoe and dig up something.....oh, well, boys will be boys.  Our Darling Girl is helping with a Health Fair at the University.  It is such a blessing for many low-income folks to have a check-up at no cost. 


So all in all Dear Readers, a pleasant day to look forward to, filled with blessings and family time.  Nothing could be better.


Yours kindredly,


Shan


I just love to wear pins and what better way to store them than on this easy to make picture frame pin holder.  All you need to do is remove the glass, put some batting on the cardboard insert that comes with the frame and then cover that with fabric.  It is such an easy craft and it is a fun way to store your lovely pins! Useful and lovely!



2 comments:

mccrjill said...

that is a great idea - thanks! Jill

Anonymous said...

Recent discovery of your blog...so charming, encouraging, and full of sweet spirit! Thank you, Shan, for sharing your world. Enjoying all your past posts. Just randomly picked this one to respond..........You are a special lady.