Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Summer Decorations....

Dearest Readers,


Even though the last few days have been full of drizzle drops and gloomy clouds it was time to celebrate the beginning of Summer here at Honey Hill Farm....


I just adore decorating my charming entryway and have a pretty little sideboard that is home to all my decorating whims.  I started the theme for my decorations by using my computer to print-out the word "BEACH".  I used clip-art for the "frame" and just added the letters for each one.  A pretty variegated ribbon holds the banner in place above the seaside pretties.



The decorating fun continued with old postcards, "clip-art" postcards (printed on old looking card-stock), seashells and a very cute Salt Water Taffy box that I purchased a few years ago at Cracker Barrel.  It was full of taffy...but honestly, I would have bought it empty! (Cracker Barrel still carries this darling box in the candy section.) Of course, everything is nestled on my "standby" burgundy velvet....



A sweet pail purchased at Michael's years ago (it was my lunch pail in the School Days display!) becomes a sand bucket, spilling forth treasures of the sea...  Lastly, I always add various trims to give my decorations a Victorian feel. 


I will keep this display up until July, when my entryway will display it's Patriotic side.  I hope you are inspired to change things for the season in your own home.  I would love to hear your ideas for bringing the summer indoors!


Yours kindredly,


Shan

6 comments:

GypsyFarmGirl said...

you have a very nice array of ocean stuff here! Thanks for sharing your decor with us

gabbie427 said...

I love seeing the pictures of how you decorate little areas of your home. Thanks so much for sharing!!


God's Blessings,

Amy Jo

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, as always! Love seeing what each seasons display will bring....

Love,

L

melaniedawn said...

Have you considered a career in interior decorating?

Melanie

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog...it is absolutely beautiful. I LOVE your decorations. I didn't get to read all your previous post though, I couldn't quite figure out how to get to them. Please come by and visit me sometime. My home is nothing like yours, but we love it.

bodkin said...

Thank you for your kind comment. To read previous posts you can use the Archive listing or you can click on Last Page at the bottom of each page and it will take you to older entries.


I would love to come by and visit, but you will need to leave me your "address". I am sure that I would find myself completely at home in your pleasant company.


Yours kindredly,

Shan

Honey Hill Farm