Sunday, June 8, 2008

Strawberry Boxes.....

Dearest Readers,


Now that summer is underway, we at Honey Hill Farm have been enjoying the fruits of our labors.....



Here is a beautiful bowl of strawberries harvested this morning.  I will be making homemade Strawberry Shortcake for our dessert this evening.


What is that you say Dear Reader?  How did they manage to harvest so many beautiful strawberries?  Well have a look at what Dearest built for our garden......


These wonderful Strawberry Boxes! He created this pattern himself using scrap lumber and bird netting.  These are just the ticket to keep those hungry birds and squirrels at bay.  And to make it easy to harvest.......they open.......with a hinged lid and prop stick!



Dearest can make just about anything!!!  Isn't he grand!  Next he is making a beautiful dual compost box.  If a compost box can be beautiful? I will certainly post a photograph of the project. 


If you have any questions for Dearest about the boxes, he would be happy to answer them.


Yours kindredly,


Shan

10 comments:

lerdman4 said...

Shan,

what a beautiful blog you have. I would love you to send me some summer recipes you will be making your family. I just found you today and have saved you as a friend, you truly have a beautiful blog, and I hope to return daily to see what your up to. Thank you for sharing..my email for recipes is le25je@comcast.net Thank you.


Blessings,

Lisa

kim2661 said...

Beautiful strawberry boxes Shan! I can't wait to see what your husband can do with a compost box!

Peace and blessings, Kim

gabbie427 said...

What a beautiful home you have! I love the idea of the strawberry boxes. They look so yummy!


God's Blessings,

Amy Jo

Mrs. F said...

That is gorgeous! How ingenious! I'm very impressed. And the strawberries look delicious!

http://whisperingdreams2281.blogspot.com/ said...

What a wonderful idea on the strawberry boxes. I think we may barrow that idea on some boxes some day. My husband is into the gardening by the yard idea. We hope to expand our garden and implament those ideas someday. I love your blog, it is great!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Shan,

Your home is so very beautiful!!! I enjoy your lovely blog so much. I hope you and your family are all well. Your photos are so pretty!


The strawberries look so delicious and the strawberry boxes are beautiful. Your husband is so very talented and does excellent work. I am going to show those to my husband. I look forward to seeing the compost bin.


Thank you for sharing your dear Honey Hill Farm!!!

The Lord bless you!

Paula (from Rose Cottage by the Lake)

Anonymous said...

I forwarded this onto my husband as the robins are just starting to attack and the berries aren't even ripe yet!!

I wonder why yours are already ripe and ours are not. Did you do a cold frame over them?

Kimberly

www.kimberlyscup.com

Anonymous said...

We also do raised beds but they are not nearly as scrumptious as yours. I hope you don't mind, I've marked your page and will be coming back for reference...thanks for sharing!!!


Kathryn Scheibmeir

www.little-men.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I think your husband is incredibly gifted and your home is also touched by your gifts.

YapNetworker said...

You are so blessed with your Dearest :) Indeed, he is a blessing. My own dearest is of the same nature. I'm sure if we lived closer, they would be exchanging ideas and improving on their projects :D Beautiful!!!