Saturday, July 26, 2008

Answering a Couple of Questions.....

Dearest Readers,


Every once in awhile I will receive a wonderfully curious question.  I have been answering by leaving an additional comment myself.  Hmmmm....I don't know if that is the best idea as I am not sure that my reader would check back to see if I have answered their question.  So what is a girl supposed to do? 


I have decided that I will save up the questions and make a little post just to answer.  So here are the latest ponderings of my dear readers.....


From Amy Jo:


"Is my whole house Victorian?"


A:  Yes, except for a basement bedroom occupied by our eldest son.  He has a degree in Computer Sciences and I am distraught happy to report that it looks like the NORAD Space Center.  I think to date, he has about 8 computers running.  He likes to build them, turbo charge them and well, I am not sure exactly what he does......hmmmm.  He is however, getting ready to return to College and pursue his Master's/PHD.  How many computers can we have in our house without installing another meter? I'll keep you posted


From Gloria:


"How do we like our Soapstone Woodstove?"


A:  We love it!  It takes longer to heat, but, my oh my, does it heat well when it gets going.  It "banks" wonderfully at night and you will still have enough of a fire in the morning to make starting a new fire easy!  We have a Vermont Castings in our front parlour and, while we love it, we would have to say that our Soapstone is better in the long run.


From Joanna:


"Are the couches in your back parlour new or old?"


A:  New. We bought these new here in Colorado at a place called Kacey Fine Furniture.  Unfortunately, this exact model is discontinued, but I think you could easily find something similar.  You might be interested to know that I picked my furniture BEFORE we designed the room.  We did a layout for everything: furniture, TV, stove....even the Christmas tree and village!  While it sounds down right nuttish.....we LOVE our room and everything fits just right. 


Well Dear Readers, I hope that if you ever have a question, you won't hesitate to ask!


Yours very kindredly,


Shan


The little lamp and telephone sit on a telephone stand that belonged to Great Aunt Lettie.  We store the "real" phone in the desk cubby below.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Making sure that you can read this!

Anonymous said...

Shan, you have a beautiful house. :)


Thank you for sharing it with us.


mari

Anonymous said...

Dearest Shan,

I could not help but get tickled reading about your son's room! The photo you shared is so beautiful and I love the old phone and pretties you have displayed. It is wonderful all the love and work you and your family have put into your home.

Kindredly Yours,

Paula

Rose Cottage By The Lake

blessedmomof10 said...

Thanks shan for taking time to answer my question about the soapstone stove! I would love love to be able to pick one up but we are going to have to settle with a cast iron one as money is so tight this year. ( as well as last year!) We just really need to do something economical that we can just get in and make do. This is definately a model that is on my "wish list".

Blessings~~

gloria