Monday, July 28, 2008

Homekeeping......a celebration!

Dearest Readers,


As you may know, I change my little entryway alcove with each season or holiday.  With the end of July near and the long hot days of August ahead, I searched for inspiration.  I decided it was much too early for fall decorations, and there were no major holidays to celebrate.....hmmmm. 


So what is it that inspires me?  Where is my heart the happiest? I thought of the wonderful study that I have had the pleasure of reading at dear Peggy's newest blog: Homemaking - More than Dishes and Laundry, and then I knew..... my Home...yes, my dear home!


Everyday is a celebration of the things that bless and delight my family and provide comfort and happiness to others.....


                           Home, that place that inspires the gentle


art of Homekeeping..... 



I bless those around me by providing comforting and healthful meals.....


I enjoy the challenge and creativity of being a good steward of the bounty provided for my family.  By giving to the poor and helping those in need, I let the blessings flow forward.....



Using my hands, I eagerly create garments to adorn my dearest ones.  Hand-made treasures abound in my home creating a cozy nest for all who enter....


A cup of friendship awaits anyone who knocks.  Hospitality will be our feast.......


I am very blessed indeed to have a chance to celebrate this delightful "holiday" EVERYDAY!


Let the celebration begin!


I so hope that you enjoy your own celebration of the gentle art of HOMEKEEPING.


Yours ever so kindredly,


Shan


16 comments:

LadyintheMaking said...

Shan, I was just thinking of how to decorate for the "no holiday" season! I love your idea! I love your home decor! You're such an inspiration and your home is just beautiful. I really enjoy your blog.

Raquel said...

I have been lurking for a while . . . just thought I would tell you how much I enjoy your blog! Simply lovely! Much Love - Raquel XO

Anonymous said...

Dearest Shan,

You have expressed yourself beautifully and described Homekeeping perfectly! The banner is so sweet and the photos are gorgeous, as always! You always decorate so pretty! I love all your special touches and the way your arrange things. Thank you so much for sharing your sweet and encouraging thoughts and for sharing your lovely home.


Thank you for sharing the link to Peggy's newest blog Homemaking.


I have been reading and commenting on all your lovely posts I have missed! I have enjoyed my "visit" so very much. Thank you for making me feel welcome.


Thank you so very much for visiting me and for your kind comment.


The pattern number you inquired about is McCall's Easy Stitch 'n Save M5451 or McCall's M5050. They are basically the same pattern, the stitch n' save is less in price. Either one will be fine. I used the short sleeve version, but extended the length to my elbow. There are lots of variations on the patterns. I know you will enjoy making one.


Kindredly Yours,

Paula

Rose Cottage By The Lake

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart...just taking some down time this evening before bed and wanted to give you a quick hug good-night:-) What a blessing your blog is...I enjoy it so much. Yours and Amy's over at Simple Folk I still come back to homestead for...very cool gals for sure, the two of you. I treasure you both as dear friends and kindreds:-))) So I am off to dream deep and sound after a visit with you my dear....


yours in simplicity,

Peggy

The Simple Woman

Anonymous said...

Amen to homekeeping! Absolutely it is more than cooking and cleaning, and can be so rewarding. As always, your pictures have been fabulous and let's get together soon!

Love,

L

Anonymous said...

This was such a nice surprise to see when I stopped by.I just love the way you decorate, and you always have such wonderful ideas.Thank you so much for allowing us to peek into your parlor and home and come away feeling inspired to do better in our own.Have a wonderful day.Blessings, Gayle

messyjo said...

I love the way your home looks, but I have a question how do you keep it all clean and nice looking??? You have so many nice things out, doesn't it take you a long time to clean everything?? I have no where near as much nice stuff as you do but the things I do have out get so dusty and dirty and it doesn't take long. I can dust in the living room on one day and seems like the next day it's already dusty again...I also loved all you comments about your family and home..

Blessings, Joann

Anonymous said...

Dear Shan,

How pretty. This was a wonderful post. Thank for your kind and encouraging words last week.

Hugs,

Elizabeth

www.elizabethsimplejourney.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Inspiration! I love the homekeeping swag.

Blessings,

Mrs. Sensibility

http://thimblecottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Oh Shan, your home is so inviting! Thank you for sharing it with us and for also offering inspiration to others.


Thank you...


mari

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your decorating ideas. I especially like your idea of celebrating homemaking.



I'm enjoying your blog as always. Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

You are so inspiring...I aspire to your style and living...wonderful pictures!! Malphi x

Sharon said...

Your blog is so full of life! Your mind must go 90 miles a mile all day! I really enjoyed my visit today!

blessedmomof10 said...

Shan ~~


As always I loved the post and the photos!! Thanks for sharing with us all.


Blessings~~

gloria

stitchnchick said...

What a lovely display...you inspire me as always! Thank you so much for your visits and kind words. :-)


Amy

HeatherD76 said...

and so does my husband. I caught him reading over my shoulder one day while I was looking at your blog.


I just wanted to let you know I have nominated your for an award. Check out my blog for all the details.