Saturday, August 30, 2008

A New Season.....

Dearest Readers,


My, it is good to visit with you today....I have been away from the computer for awhile as we have had much transition here at Honey Hill Farm.


Our youngest Darling started College and he is now happily ensconced in his dorm surrounded by books and new friends.  It has been wonderful and bittersweet for this Momma to embrace this season of change.  I know that he is anxious to see what his future brings...so many amazing possibilities abound.  I offer up a prayer of protection each and every day for him, knowing that he is held in bigger and better hands than mine.


My Sisters-in-Love have been watching over me, ready to step in if they see even one of our chickens sporting a bonnet or apron sewn by yours truly! I have threatened to hold a Chicken Fashion Show, just to keep me occupied, LOL!


They were not even phased when, during a melancholy moment, I put up the fall decorations in 90 degree weather. I have also decorated the inside of my little home with an abundance of leaves, pumpkins and acorns. (I will post pictures soon.) I just need to keep busy until I get used to the fact that my littlest chick has flown the nest.


In keeping with this change of season, I hope you don't mind a little change here at Honey Hill Farm? I hope you enjoy it!


I will endeavor to stop by each of your blogs this week and say Hello. Until then,


Bless  you,


Shan


 



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I've missed seeing your posts! I just pulled my basket of Autumn decorations out myself and my--it was hot out there today, wasn't it?

Blessings to you in this time of change and growth==for you and your son. Hope we can meet soon.

~Kimberly

www.kimberlyscup.com

Raquel at Kitchen Mysteries said...

Shan: Love the new look! Love the old one, too. My one and only went to college last year and I was at loose ends for a while, but it really does not last long! I found I had time to do a lot of the things that I had always wanted to do. Glad you are back, we have missed you! I am getting ready for autumn as well, despite the 90 degree weather! Much love, Raquel XO

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks&Me said...

I'm going through the same thing this year with my son officially a Freshmen at college. At least he still lives at home but it is a HUGE difference since we homeschooled.


We started the change last year when he was attending the community college to get his needed science and advanced math in (to prepare for college) but when it is now official... where did those previous years go?

Anonymous said...

Dear Shan,


changes are good. Remember that he was raised with a solid foundation that will not sink. Eventhough, he is away from you physically, you could talk to him through e-mail, phone calls, and of course, visits.


I know that when my mother had to let us go, it was a bit difficult for her and my father, but we kept in such contact with her, that now, eventhough, we don't live near...we are just a phone call away.


Remember, He is with you always, and you know that He has your son close also.


blessings,


mari


(I like the new look :-)

Lady in the making said...

Awwww, Shan! *Big hugs* It must be a huge transition for you. My best friend has her youngest a senior in high school this year and it has been rough for her. All of a sudden, your role has changed! But I know that you'll continue to make life beautiful for your family and your hubby. It was good to 'see' you again!

MyThreeDaughters said...

I went through this 2 1/2 years ago. Now I am settled with it, and things seem settled for ds.