Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What a Pleasant Day......

Dearest Readers,


Finally, we had a break from the heat wave!  It has been pleasant and cooler today with temperatures in the 80's.  A nice cool breeze has kept our dear old Honey Hill comfortable.


It was a wonderful day to attend to the smaller chores. The garden needed a little weeding and we plucked summer squash and a sweet red pepper! I plan to freeze the squash for use in soups and stews this winter....yum! We will grill the rest with other fresh veggies, oh my that will taste good.


A wonderful visit with the littles (the nieces and nephews) and my dear Sisters-in-Love who had spent the better part of an hour cleaning out the chicken house. We all live out here on the family acreage and it so nice to spend time together. We had a wonderful chat in the cool shade about this and that, but mostly about school which starts next week.  I so enjoy their little voices and sweet stories.


I got around to some sewing that had been calling to me and Dearest headed out on a few errands.  He brought home 2 large water barrels (recycled food storage barrels) that we will use in conjunction with our soon to be installed gutters.  He also bought a very sweet screen door for the chicken house.  Those gals need more fresh air!  We were delighted that he found something that would fit...the door is 30'x 80'...that is quite an odd size for a doorway. He is putting it in as I type. What a guy!


I will be making homemade BBQ pizza for dinner tonight and since I'll have the oven on, I will make some Banana Bread too.  If you would like the recipe for the pizza, leave me a comment and I will include it in a future post.


Later, I plan to sew the bias tape onto my Edwardian Apron.  I need to finish it soon....I ordered Western Slope peaches from the Rotary Club and they will be coming next week.  And you know what that means....canning season! 


I took a few photos the other day, as the light was just right upstairs.....here are a few photos of our Master Bedroom.....







What a pleasant day indeed.....


Yours very kindredly,


Shan


P.S.  I don't think that the room is quite as PINK as it is here on my blog, LOL!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do hope you'll show us your apron when it is complete.

So, screen door on the chicken coop--definitely time for the lace curtains!!

Anonymous said...

That comment was from Kimberly.

It is nice out today, isn't it? It is rather windy out here on the plains. Is it in the foothills?

blessedmomof10 said...

Shan,

It's always a pleasure to take a "Peek" into your lovely home! It's so lovely and ever so homey!

Thanks for sharing with us all ~

gloria

Familyof3 said...

What a beautiful bedroom. I love the colors.

BBQ Pizza sounds good. I would like the recipe.

Handmaiden said...

I have so enjoyed the pictures that you post. You have a lovely home and one can feel the love that goes into it. I would love to have a copy of your recipe. Many boessings.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! What a beautiful bedroom, simply georgeous as is the rest of your home. I so enjoy visiting with you on your blog. So enjoyable.


I would really like to get the recipe for the bbq pizza, as I'm sure my family would really like something like that.


Blessings to you and yours, Sabre

Anonymous said...

Your pitcher and bowl are beautiful! And I really like your bedspread. It looks like it is Velvet.

Ceekay - thinkinofhome.blogspot

Anonymous said...

Oh, the recipe sounds so good, please share with us.I love your bedroom! I really love the display of baby things in the old basinet, so sweet. You can see the love you have for your family and home in the way you decorate.I love that the most.God bless you, Gayle

Anonymous said...

Shan,


I wanted to let you know that I have heard through Little Jenny Wren that Jewel's has returned to post on her Eyes of Wonder blog.


She has posted about her new home and the children. It was like catching up with a friend who has been gone and is happy to be home.

Anonymous said...

Shan,


I don't have a log in, but I left you the post about Jewels.


Christine in Ohio

asimplequilter.blogspot.com

(was Liberty Star Farm)

Anonymous said...

Hi Shan,

How pretty. My home is painted pink too and I have the maron color carpet. Sounds like you had a nice simple day.

Hugs,

Elizabeth

www.elizabethsimplejourney.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Dear Shan,


I enjoyed reading about your delightful day and all the happenings there at your Honey Hill Farm. Thank you for sharing. I love your master bedroom. You have it decorated beautifully! Such pretty colors and sweet touches everywhere. It is very Victorian! You make your home such a beautiful and happy place!

Kindredly yours,

Paula Rose Cottage by the Lake

Raquel said...

I just love your blog! Your house is beautiful, what a dream. Do you know what color you used for the walls? Our bathroom needs just about that color to liven it up, I think it would match perfectly. My blog is http://kitchenmysteries.blogspot.com/. I, too, love a simpler way of life! Much love - Raquel XO

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful room Shan. The bedspread, the pillows, absolutely lovely :)


mari

myhousebytheriver.blogspot.com

Raquel from Kitchen Mysteries said...

I would like the BBQ pizza recipe. Thank you so much for leading me to Jewels' blog! Also, pics of your edwardian apron, please! Much Love - Raquel XO