Saturday, September 20, 2008

Autumn Beauty at Home......

Dearest Readers,


What a beautiful season is upon us!  I have been gathering bits and pieces to decorate my little entryway.  I so enjoy the lovely colors of Autumn....deep reds, oranges, browns and russets.


Little vignettes delight me as I try and capture the essence of the season!


The bounty of nature fills every nook and cranny...


Harvest Blessings are abundant, and I am thankful...



It is my greatest pleasure to greet all who enter with the the true beauty of the season...


I have been cleaning, canning and readying my little Honey Hill for the cooler weather.  Wood will be cut and stacked, windows dressed in their warm fashions to block the chill, and quilts will be at the ready for the first night when the frost pays a visit.


I hope, dear Reader, that you have found the peace that Autumn offers as it gently calls us closer to home.  Now is the time to gather and squirrel away those things that will delight us come winter.


May God's blessings be upon your hearth,


Shan


 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shan,

How beautiful, I love fall. Thank you so much for your friendship and support during Ike. It has been a week of lessons.

Hugs,

Elizabeth

www.elizabethsimplejourney.blogspot.com

blessedmomof10 said...

Shan ~~~


It's always a blessing to visit Honey hill farm....... lovely fall decor..... very homey. Wish I could stop by for a visit. ...... I bet you have some spiced cider in the kitchen brewing. ;)


Harvest blessings to ya',

gloria

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Your home is so warm and inviting. I love all of your vignettes. Beautiful words for beautiful photos...


Blessings,

Selia

http://downtherabbithole.typepad.com or seliaart.com

Raquel From Kitchen Mysteries said...

Shan: Lovely as usual! I really like your decorating flair and I, too, appreciate the peace and contentment that fall brings! Much love, Raquel XO

Anonymous said...

Oh your home is so pretty dressd up for Autumn. The Victorian style lends it self so wonderfully to the changing seasons.

Have a beautiful day!

Hugs))