Thursday, November 13, 2008

Blessed in My Nest.....

Dearest Readers,


Oh my, but the wind has howled this afternoon.  We live along the foothills here in Colorado and we specialize in WIND! Last night the gusts reached 60mph here on Honey Hill Farm.  I am thankful that our old house is a sturdy one and that everything is battened down.  (Last year we had gusts as high as 80mph...now that IS windy!!) A blustery day to be sure but I believe that it will bring a cold front and some long-awaited snow...


Dearest and I moved at a slow pace today, just tending to the little things.  I tidied up the parlour and dining room, put laundry away and just puttered.  Dearest had a delightful call from an old friend and he went into town to meet him for a visit.


I have been busy in the sewing room making scrub tops for our Darling Girl.  She works in Pediatric Oncology (childhood cancer) at our local Children's Hospital and likes to wear scrubs that entertain the children.  There are so many adorable prints these days that we have had a grand time.  She is such a blessing to these children and has such a dear heart for them, it has been a pleasure to help in some small way.


We are headed out to a local eatery for an impromptu supper celebration in just a little while! Our Darling Boy  just received word that he was accepted into the Master's program at the local University(where our youngest Darling is a freshmen).....now the two brothers will be together again....look out world!


I am truly blessed in my nest!  I hope your blessings are many dear friends....


Yours kindredly,


Shan




4 comments:

blessedmomof10 said...

That's great that your 2 sons will be at school again together! How wonderful & congrats on your son getting accepted to the Master's program! Wonderful news!


As always I love taking a peek into your lovely home..... I love the deep plum colored walls and furnishings... lovely.


Blessings,

gloria

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the eldest darling and I'd love to see those scrubs! You and Darling girl always pick out the most precious fabrics. Give me a call...

Love,

L

Anonymous said...

Such loveliness!!! I have missed your posts. I continue to pray for your family.

Would you like to come over for tea soon? Next week, maybe?

~Kimberly

www.kimberlyscup.com

Anonymous said...

Many a tender tear must have been shed in your daughter's work. I think it is wonderful that there are people willing to open their hearts and work in an area that must be so very hard emotionally.

http://hilluponhill.blogspot.com/