Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Holiday Home Tour.....Peeking into the Parlour

Dearest Readers,


As Dearest and I have a busy day tomorrow, I have started our tour a little earlier than promised.  Here, let me take your wrap...now watch your step......


Won't you please follow me as we step into our front parlour.... 



The afternoon sun casts its glow gently through the windows, bidding all who enter to sit awhile....



Our Victorian tree has been trimmed with vintage (and not so vintage) ornaments, orange slices, candles and tinsel....



Old toys from childhood await to delight yet another generation on Christmas morning...



Our old pump organ is dressed in all the finery this season requires...



Postcards from the turn-of-the-century still share their message of cheer.....



Tinsel, a Victorian favorite, is draped with abandon....



Evergreens abound as they bring the scent of Christmastide into the room....




Small delights are tucked in here and there...




Won't you sit and have a cup of tea? We can sit here, cozy and warm as our woodstove blazes away.  I would love to hear how you will dress your home for the season.....



Well, I cannot believe that the afternoon light is waining, calling your name to leave.  Let me help you with your cloak and scarf, you'll want to stay warm on your journey homeward. I hope you have enjoyed your tour of our front parlour here at Honey Hill Farm, you have been a delightful guest and I hope you will join us again on Friday for the continuing tour..... 


Until then, I hope that this Christmastide finds you surrounded by those you love, content in the warmth and blessings that they offer with their laughter and smiles. There is such joy around each corner this time of year!



I remain, kindredly yours,


Shan

10 comments:

Kitty said...

Your house is like a page out of a Victorian Magazine, picture perfect. You have inspired me, lol. Thanks for sharing with us, the tour was fantastic.......Kitty

Oakman said...

You have such a pretty parlor. Thank you for sharing, can't wait to see more.

Karen

Anonymous said...

What a feast for the eyes!!! All cozy and warm! Thank you for letting us in to visit. Did you dry the oranges yourself? And one more quick question...the blue oil in your lamps, do you tint it or purchase it that way?

blessedmomof10 said...

Shan,

I absolutely loved the parlor -- the deep plum of the walls is so romantic.... I can just imagine having a cup of warm tea and sitting for a nice chat..... it's lovely and homey and oh so inviting!

Thank you for your tour and I look forward to Friday!

Blessings,

gloria

stitchnchick said...

Oh, how absolutely gorgeous! I so enjoyed our visit.

:-)


Amy

Anonymous said...

Shan:

Your home is beautiful as always! You are an inspiration to me! Much love, Raquel XO

Lady Laurie said...

Dear Shan,

Oh my, how lovely everything is ~ it truly is like stepping back in time! I love your Victorian home!

The table top tree is so pretty! You are indeed an inspiration to me because I love all these old~fashioned touches.

Anonymous said...

Hello Dear Shan,

How beautiful. I have so enjoyed visiting your home. It would be so wonderful if we could visit in person.

Hugs,

Elizabeth

Chas said...

What a beautiful home you have Shan... I love your adornments,they are lovely.

:)

Chas

Anonymous said...

My dearest Shan,


What a delightful time I had 'visiting' you and your beautiful Honey Hill Farm. I love your parlor, the natural lighting is perfect, the Christmastide decorations are gorgeous! All of your decorations are gorgeous! I feel as if I am in the Victorian era when I see your lovely home. What a gift you have for decorating and making your home romantic, cozy and inviting. Thank you so much for sharing!

Kindredly yours,

Paula (Rose Cottage by the Lake)