Saturday, December 13, 2008

Holiday Home Tour....the Kitchen

Dearest Readers,


Welcome back to Honey Hill Farm...won't you make yourself at home in our warm, cozy kitchen...where the scent of pine, orange and cloves fills the air and reminds us that Christmastide is here.


This coziest of places, beckons us to spend days baking and sipping hot cups of cocoa while the snowflakes fall....eventide is upon us and the candles are lit, casting a delightful glow.


Pine boughs are tucked into corners and slipped behind pictures, lending a holiday feel to everyday necessities...





It doesn't take much to make the kitchen the most festive room in the house....







As quick as a wink, your kitchen brims with gingerbread men, wonderful fudge, cookies and candy.....lovely gifts from the heart. 




 So Dear Reader, I hope you will take the time to enjoy your day, tucking yourself inside your kitchen, lingering over the aroma of fresh baked goodies.....sipping your coffee ever-so-slowly.  The best part of the Christmastide season is the everyday gentle living.


It is my most sincere desire that you have had a splendid time here at Honey Hill Farm.  I will be away for a few days, but I will extend an invitation to visit me next week.....we can spend some time in our back parlour. 


Yours so very kindredly,


Shan

7 comments:

blessedmomof10 said...

Your kitchen is lovely & homey , shan! Thank you for the tour!! I agree -- kitchens are wonderful.... I love mine and spend many hours making wonderful foods for my family to enjoy......

Blessings,

gloria

GrandmaRosie said...

What a delightful room. Thanks for the peak into your home.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Shan,

I love your old-fashioned kitchen! It is so beautiful!!! All the Christmas tide decorations are so lovely and homey! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful home! I get so many lovely ideas from you and feel as if I have enjoyed a real visit to your dear Honey Hill Farm!

Kinderedly yours,

Paula (Rose Cottage by the Lake)

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful pics! I just found your blog!

I love your ceiling in your kitchen! I would love to do somethign similar in a room in our house! :)


Katy


http://countryblossom.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Shan: As always, your home is simply lovely! I especially liked the pomanders! Much love, Raquel

inky said...

Dear Shan,

Your home looks lovely, the spirit of Christmas is really there.My name is Inky and I am sending you compliments from the other side of the ocean, from Holland to be exact.

I really like your style of writing and the way you make your house a home.

I have been reading your blog and admired the beautiful photo's for a while now, so now it's the time to introduce myself and wish you and your family a merry Christmas.

kind regards, Inky

Lady in the Making said...

Oh Shan! Thank you so much for these photos! Your house is something I hope to have my own emulate one day! Thank you, Dearest!