Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Loving Spoonful.....


Dearest Readers,


Dearest has succumbed to a dreadful cold and I have been administering lots of love and affection along with pots of tea and hot soup.  He doesn't take ill very often and finds it difficult to "be still" and just rest.


Time has passed so quickly that I was unaware of my absence from your delightful presence here in our little blog world.  I have been gently organizing and putting things in order here in our cozy nest.


Before Dearest became ill, he and I worked downstairs in our basement fruit cellar.  We had a shelving unit, for the stock pantry, that was made out of plastic and had begun to sag most dreadfully in the middle.  Not wanting to spend a red cent to replace it, Dearest constructed a very sturdy shelving unit using lumber he purchased at auction this summer.  He also hung two very large hooks so that I could hang up my various wreaths for the holidays. This hand dug cellar is such a useful little space!


The "boys" are now at school and excited about their classes.  Books have been purchased and pencils sharpened...they are ready for the semester.  Today they met on campus and had lunch together. I love that all three of my children are very close...they really are best of friends.  I used to tell them that they best get along with one another....there weren't any other children for a few miles!


Dearest begins his class next week, so I hope he is feeling better by then.  Hmmmm....I think some hot Italian Meatball Sandwiches might just lift his spirits......


Yours so very kindredly,


Shan


 


 

2 comments:

Lady Laurie said...

Dear Shan,

I hope your husband feels better!

I have been busy nesting here at the cottage as well ~ I have so many little projects I would like to finish.

The meatball sandwiches sound really good.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

My "dearest" is down as well, must be going around. Hopefully they both will be on the mend soon!

L