Friday, January 23, 2009

Puttering About.....

Dearest Readers,


Just let me thank you for the kind and generous comments on my "Blog Birthday" post.  You are indeed the most delightful kindred spirits to be found. 


Today was a gentle day spent puttering....I love to putter, to put a little effort into a few small activities that when all added together make for a complete and utterly lovely day.



I spent time in the warmth of my sweet little kitchen making Green Chile Stew and brownies.  I don't have a recipe for the Stew so next time I make it I will have to "watch" myself and jot down the measurements so that I can share it with you.  It is a genuine Southwestern treat, perfect for a cloudy, cold day.


In between my bits and bobs in the kitchen, I looked over some of my Valentine projects and did a little embroidery on my tea towels. Of course, tending to both wood-stoves is always necessary. 



Dearest had a meeting in town today, but before he left I made sure he had a large glass of milk and a warm brownie......he was quite happy, you can be sure. Our oldest Darling Boy is in residence today and has just come upstairs for his brownie and milk....spoiled you say, I think not!  LOL


I also went through my blog photos and dug up this picture of the little treasure I made for my Darling Girl at Christmas.  I didn't post a picture during the holidays for fear of spoiling the surprise.


She was quite delighted and has worn it on several occasions. (It is velvet brocade and has Victorian trim...I didn't take a very good photo and you can't see the trim on the bottom of the cape...so sorry.)


I have just looked out my window and my but it is snowing!  Great big flakes coming down in large numbers!  How this climate does change...yesterday it was 70 degrees outside!  What a cozy evening we have in store for us here on the homestead. Hmmmm...a warm meal, slippers on our feet, a fire in the woodstove and an old movie...pure delight.


Well, I have a few things to do before I serve supper, so I will leave you for now, but I am looking forward to our next visit.


Yours kindredly,


Shan


3 comments:

blessedmomof10 said...

Shan,

I always enjoy visiting your blog.... so homey...... the cape/coat is lovely.... I love the buttons........

We had some warm weather yesterday too and tonight we are having snow flakes.... crazy!

Hope you stay warm,

gloria

Lady Laurie said...

Oh yum, chile stew and brownie!

What a warm and lovely home you have, I just love to pay a visit. I love to putter about my cottage as well, adding little touches here and there.

The cape you made for your daughter is beautiful ~ you have such talent!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Shan,

Your Honey Hill Farm is beautiful! I love to putter around my cottage and make things pretty too, and I love to cook and bake for my dear husband and sweet son! I just made them a batch of cookies this afternoon. Those little things mean so much, and it is a joy to serve them and love them! I know your dear ones feel very loved and taken care of by you!


The cape you made your daughter is gorgeous! You are a very talented seamstress! I know she was thrilled with it!


I always enjoy reading your blog!

Much love,

Kindredly yours,

Paula from Rose Cottage by the Lake