Saturday, January 3, 2009

Warm and Cozy....

Dearest Readers,


Brrrr.....It is most assuredly winter here at Honey Hill Farm.  This morning Dearest already had both stoves blazing before he left for hockey out on the pond.  He and his brothers along with some dear friends played until noon.  He was awfully glad to come inside to a pot of freshly brewed coffee and the warmth of the parlour.



I stayed inside and began working on my HomeKeeping Binder for the new year.  It certainly helps me stay organized and on top of things throughout the upcoming months.  I wanted to personalize some blank templates that I came across here.  Would home management topics interest you, Dear Reader?  I will share my binder and recipe binder in future posts.



I have a little laundry in the washer and plan to sit down in the back parlour, put my feet up and read my old copies of Victorian Homes, Victoria, and Victorian Lifestyles.  Some of these "friends" are almost 15 years old. but I drag them out every once in awhile and soak up inspiration.


Not a very busy day to be sure, but sometimes a little quiet time is just the right thing.


UPDATE:  I have recently added my e-mail address to the right sidebar for those of you who cannot leave a comment.  I would love to hear from you!


Yours kindredly,


Shan



7 comments:

bodkin said...

Just a test

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed looking over your photos - very pretty

Anonymous said...

Hi Shan,

Your home is lovely. I hate to tell you but it was 76 here today. LOL Miss Candi and I enjoyed sitting outside in the sun.

Your picture frame below is so beautiful. What a great idea. I look foward to hearing more about your homemaking binder. I have started keeping a homemaking book this year too.

Hugs,

Elizabeth

SherKeith said...

I would love to stop by for a visit! Your home is gorgeous and so inviting! Hugs, Sher

Lady Laurie said...

Dear Shan,

We are having very warm and mild weather here. Right now I have the windows open to let the breeze in...doesn't feel like January at all!

I have a cottage~keeping journal of sorts, it's more like a homemaking scrapbook. I have never been able to follow a calender type journal. I do make a list most everyday of things I need to get done or errands I need to make. I look forward to you sharing your homemaking journal!


Lady Laurie

Anonymous said...

This is just the most bestest blog ever

Lady in the Making said...

Dearest Shan,


Since you are most assuredly a Titus 2 woman in my life, the answer is a resounding YESSSS!! I'd love to hear anything you have to say about home management.


I just love your blog. Also, any Victorian decorating tips would definitely be appreciated.


Hugs,

Lady in the Making