Thursday, February 12, 2009

Wishing you Love....

Dearest Readers,


I woke up last Thursday and was hardly able to get out of bed.  I had terrible pain in my lower back and I assumed it was a pinched nerve.  I rested and applied a heating pad, but by Tuesday I was not much better....I finally went to the Doctor.  She determined that it was not a pinched nerve, but inflammation of my Sacral Joint.  She advised rest, heat and a muscle relaxant at bedtime.  I am starting to improve and it won't be long before I am able to return to "active duty"!


Here at Honey Hill Farm, we wish you Love as we prepare to celebrate Valentine's Day......



The entryway embraces all who enter with a warm message of Love.



Victorian postcards (clip-art printed on cardstock) provide charming remembrances of times past....



Paper lanterns from the party store have been turned into Victorian delights...just add some antiquing paint, glitter, clip-art and a tassel and you have a vintage looking decoration....



An old candy box, photo of my dear Grandparents and lots of ephemera and trims complete this Valentine's Day vignette...





I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day....surrounded by your sweet loved ones!


Yours kindredly,


Shan


P.S. I will be giving away a few Victorian Treasures in my next post to celebrate my 100th entry.  Stay tuned!

5 comments:

Lady-in-the-Making said...

Dearest Shan, how beautiful your entryway looks! Thank you for sharing it with us.


I feel your pain - literally! I have a pinched nerve from an auto accident I was in yesterday. Ouch! I do hope you feel better soon. I will pray for you.


I'll also be on the lookout for your Victorian giveaway! Hurrah!

Anonymous said...

I find that I rest better when our home is in order. Surely a little fluffing of the home is good medicine! Do take it as easy as you can.

We'll eventually meet!

~Kimberly

www.kimberlyscup.com

TheBarnSwallow said...

What a lovely display of valentine items, especially the ones that give you the sentimenent of love days gone by.... I am glad I stopped by... Have a good weekend take care of your self

Lady Laurie said...

Dear Shan,

How lovely everything looks!

The rose lamp on the corner table is gorgeous!

I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Hugs))

Laurie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the milestone. Can't wait for the next 100!

Ceekay - thinkinofhome.blogspot.com