Thursday, March 19, 2009

Slow and Steady....

Dearest Readers,


It has been a slow and steady day here at Honey Hill Farm.  Dearest and I had to go into town and take care of the last bit of banking needed to finally close the business we sold in 2007. (It would never have occurred to either of us that it would take two long years to complete the process.)  We gave a little cheer and said a word of praise, once again, for this tremendous blessing. 


It was wonderful to return home and settle into my day...a little laundry churning quietly....pinto beans boiling on the stove, soon to be part of tonight's dinner of Bean & Turkey Burritos....a wee bit of ironing....and last but not least, making a favorite dessert....


Speedy Brownies


2 cups sugar


1-3/4 cups flour


1/2 cup baking cocoa


1 tsp salt


5 eggs (thank hens for their cooperation)


1 cup vegetable oil


1 tsp vanilla extract


1 cup semisweet chocolate chips


(chopped nuts optional)


Combine first 7 ingredients; beat until smooth


Pour into a greased 9x13 pan


Sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts (if added)


Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes


or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean


(High altitude bakers will need additional time)


This is a wonderful recipe and turns out delicious every time! It is a crowd pleaser and a terrific item for bake sales.


I did not even get started on my robe yesterday, sigh.....so I must continue to wear my "shabby chic" one.  I would take a picture but it is just to horrible to be seen.  Truly.


I hope you have a quiet evening, tucked inside, safe and warm.


Yours kindredly,


Shan


Note:  The picture at the top of this post is one that I found recently thrifting.  It is a hand-tinted picture and it looked so much like our youngest Darling Boy that I knew it had to come and stay with me.  It is just so sweet.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That must feel great - to finally be done with everything after two years...give me a call when you get a chance!


L

Lady in the Making said...

I'm so glad that you got the matter settled. I'm sure that it is a relief.


Such a joy to see a new blog post from you each time!


Hugs & Happy Weekend.