Saturday, April 18, 2009

Going to Town.....

Dearest  Readers,


After tucking-in to a hearty Breakfast Casserole, a few cups of coffee and a quick "tidy" of the front parlour, Dearest and I are headed into town. The storm has passed and we are just left with heavy wet snow and slushy roads. Our library books are due today, so we need to return them and pick out another set to bring home.


We buy our coffee, oatmeal and baking supplies in bulk and as our supply is dwindling we might as well make the trip worthwhile and restock our shelves.  Of course, when we return I will have to make a batch of cookies to reward us for our travels.


I am sure the roads and stores will be busy, so we won't linger too long....but it will be fun to get out and about with Dearest for a little while.


If you have time you will want to visit my friend, Aunt Ruthie, over at her site.  She has so many delightful ideas to share and today she has a darling post about chalkboards and the "chalk markers" that she uses....too adorable!  I have the chalkboard paint and I have been thinking about what I could make into a chalkboard...hhmmmmmm....


Have a simply lovely day Dear Reader!


Yours Kindredly,


Shan

3 comments:

mesarah011 said...

I just stumbled onto your blog - so pretty! I absolutely love the pictures you find, both in this entry and on the blog in general. They give it such a nice, homey feel - makes me want to spend more time here, reading! ^_^


Glad to hear that you had such a nice time with your Dearest! :-)

joanna said...

Hello Shan,

I rarely comment but check in with your blog on a regular basis. I do have a favor to ask of you....can you post some of your breakfast casserole recipes? My children go to school and I need some ideas to send them off with a good breakfast other than boxed cereal. :(

I would really appreciate it! TIA!

sharondubars said...

Hope you enjoyed the trip to town. I enjoyed the pic's on your blog.