Monday, April 27, 2009

Providing from Your Pantry.....

Dearest Readers,


I would like to introduce a new feature here at Honey Hill Farm.  A Series of helpful hints to help you "Provide Meals from your Pantry".


I have been a Wife and Mother for 26 years and would love to share some of the tried and true methods that have worked through blessedly bountiful and downright trying times as I endeavored to put a healthy, frugal and tasty meal on the table for our family of five.


There will be homework, but do not fret Dear Reader, I am a very gentle teacher and you are sure to receive an 'A'.  So, with that said your first homework assignment is:


Make a list of 31 Dinnertime Meals your family loves!


(These should be Family Favorites that you already know how to make)


Here is an example:


Crockpot Lasagna


1 hr. French Bread


Veggie/Fruit


You'll note that I do not list a specific Veggie or Fruit....I will explain this as we progress through the series...I promise that it will all make sense!


I will be back on Wednesday and we will continue to the next step.


You may copy the artwork above if you would like to announce this series on your blog.  I would love to bless any and all who would like to join us.


Yours so kindredly,


Shan


P.S. I have a Winter Menu and a Summer Menu, each with 31 meals.  We eat differently depending on the season, so do keep that in mind for your family.


 


4 comments:

Nadine said...

What a wonderful idea! I am excited to see what's next. I will be doing my homework in the mean time! I also with your permission will be posting this on my blog so that I may share with my readers also!


Thanks!


http://nadinesnook.blogspot.com

momma25js said...

I am looking forward to this.. I can't wait to learn more.. THANK YOU ..

Brenda@Coffeeteabooksandme said...

I've been married over thirty years and I keep a deep pantry.


However, I always have problems coming up with good hot weather meal ideas.

outback said...

What a Great idea you have offered.


I will post about this on my blog soon, thats if you don't mind of course.


I look forward to the next episode and until then I will be writing my list.


Thanks so much for sharing some of your wisdom, we housewives are always looking for new, different ideas.


Tania