Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Joyfully Blessed.....

Dearest  Readers,


What a lovely Mother's Day here at Honey Hill Farm! I was joyfully blessed to be surrounded by my family who bestowed upon me an abundance of beautiful treasures.


The above miniature rose bush awaited me at my place at the breakfast table on Mother's Day morning.  Followed by the splendid delights below.....


A drawstring bag from 1910 (you should feel how heavy it is!), old safety pins to add to my sewing collectibles and the lovely little gift tag (made by my Darling Girl) that held sweet Mother's Day sentiments.


After ooohhing and aahhhhing my Dearest and the Darlings said they had one more gift ....


They had ordered an Heirloom Edition of "The Riches and Treasures of Home".  Oh my, Dear Reader, I had longed for a copy of this stunning book for quite awhile and I can hardly wait for the Postman each day, as I look forward to reading it from cover to cover.


Between the loveliness of being together and the sweet and very thoughtful gifts, I counted my blessings through misty eyes.


What a joyful, joyful day!


Shan



2 comments:

Nadine said...

What wonderful Mother's Day gifts you received! I too have had my eye on that book, it looks lovely - I hope you enjoy it!

blessedmomof10 said...

Shan ~

So glad you enjoyed a lovely mother's day. Your loved one truly do know you as they picked gifts just right for you. Isn't that delightful?

My hubby and children purchased 3 varities of my favorite Jackson and Perkins roses... they too know me well.. nothing I would rather have in the spring then flowers and plants to plant.

God bless,

gloria