Thursday, June 25, 2009

Recycle, Re-Use and Rejoice.....

Dearest  Readers,


I mentioned in an earlier post that I was working on saving our much loved Market Umbrella from the rubbish heap. It had been viciously attacked by local marauding mice and was in a terrible state!  In order to live gently, Dearest and I  search out ways to practice the three R's... Recycle, Re-Use and Rejoice!


After a trip to our local Jo Ann's Craft Store I came home with a small bottle of glue, aptly named "Fabric Fusion" by Aleene. It stated that it permanently adheres fabric after drying for 48 hours.



I cut out flowers from a lovely remnant and began gluing them in place on both sides of the umbrella.  I had our oldest Darling Boy carry the umbrella out to our shop, so that I could work on it without the worry of rain spoiling it before it could dry.


After a couple of weeks out in all types of weather, I am happy to report that it has indeed held together and looks quite charming. We are Rejoicing that we were able to gently, and lovingly return a faithful servant to active duty.


I would love to hear how you Recycle, Re-Use and Rejoice...please leave a link or comment for others to enjoy.


Yours so kindredly,


Shan

3 comments:

earthybirthymom said...

That Looks Great!!

I love the Print you used for the Patches.

gabbie427 said...

How lovely!!! You did a wonderful job saving it!


God's Blessings,

Amy Jo

gilsanla said...

Wow that is a great idea - it is probably the most beautiful umbrella of its kind :)


Here is a link to some pillows I made from blue jeans.


http://www.homesteadblogger.com/CountryLivingintheCity/132689/


Thanks for sharing


Sandy