Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Simply Summer.....

Dearest Readers,


Goodness Gracious, do forgive my absence!  I did not intend to stay away from you for so long, but this lovely season of warm days and cool nights encouraged me to linger here at home....gently tending to my family and homestead.


The farm has it's "summer legs" now and we have all kept pace with the changes.  This is the view from just outside our front gate......



Sweet faces nestled in the fields....such a delight!



The yard, strewn with sunlight, serves as our "parlour" as we savor each day spent outdoors.



The flower beds.....splendidly attired!



 Lovely touches of patriotic pride add joy to our celebration of the summer season.



 




Dappled sunlight, soft breezes....a cold glass of tea....just too wonderful....too wonderful indeed.


Yours so kindredly,


Shan


P.S. Shiloh is recovery very nicely, thank you for all your lovely comments and prayers!

4 comments:

Nadine said...

Dear Shan,


Your home and gardens look so beautiful! I love the little patriotic touches here and there. You live in a very beautiful part of the country! I am happy to hear that Shiloh is doing better! Have a blessed day!


Love,

Nadine


Nadine's Nook

http://nadinesnook.blogspot.com

Abby said...

Happy to hear that Shiloh is better,

Your house is beautiful... like a dollhouse.

Blessings

Abby

Anonymous said...

Your Independance decorations look great!

Lisa said...

I've been reading your blog for over a year now, but not sure if I've ever left a comment. :) Just wanted to say how much I love love love your home decorating style. When I decorate here at my house, indoors and out, my mind often wanders to the inspirational photos of your home, trying to emulate the homey touches you achieve.


Take care! :)

a quiet lurker friend from South Carolina,

Lisa