Friday, July 24, 2009

ABC....Antique Baby Crib

Dearest Readers,


This lovely Antique Baby Crib was given to me recently by my dear Aunt.  It had belonged to her Husband's Grandmother and had been a faithful servant as she raised not only her own 12 children but my Uncle as well.


Of course it does not meet our modern day standards for safety, but it is precious as a sweet reminder of days gone by....


I can just imagine rosy-cheeked faces peeking up as they awoke from a gentle slumber.


It is surprisingly sturdy and has all the necessary parts...the right side slides down after releasing two hooks.  The little wooden wheels are still in perfect working order and the springs in the base still have a little life to them. 


What a delight to find a sweet little corner to display this cherished part of our family history.  Thank you for thinking of me dear Auntie!



I will enjoy the crib for many years to come and will be sure to pass it along to future generations.


Yours kindredly,


Shan


P.S. Thank you for your thoughtful comments about the posts I want to feature about Feminine Dressing.  I will certainly post once a week on the topic and encourage you to leave a link in the comment section to any blogs that offer advice about this subject.

6 comments:

Abby said...

What a beautiful baby bed and how sweet that you were gievn it, You have it displayed in a gorgeous fashion. I love it !

Blessings

Abby

Vicki said...

As I have told you before, I love love love your blog. Don`t ever stop blogging or posting pictures of your lovely home, they are so inspiring!

That Girl

Nadine said...

Dear Shan,


How adorable - what a blessing to inherit such a family treasure! You have done a wonderful job displaying it too!


Love,

Nadine


Nadine's Nook

http://nadinesnook.blogspot.com

blessedmomof10 said...

Love the new look on your blog, shan! I wish I could do the same - is it hard to do?

Lovely ~

gloria

blessedmomof10 said...

Shan,

I Love that lovely old crib! Beautiful.

God bless,

gloria

Lady Laurie said...

What a beautiful baby crib ! I love the way you have it decorated ~

Hugs))