Friday, July 10, 2009

Lemon Cookies.....

Dearest Readers,


I made a batch of easy-peasy, lemon-squeezy cookies yesterday and was quite pleased with the way they turned out...and so were my "boys"! These little gems are wonderful to serve on a hot day with a cold glass of milk or iced tea. The secret ingredient is a boxed cake mix (who would have guessed) and they bake up very light and crisp. 


Lemon Cookies


1 box lemon cake mix


2 eggs


1/3 cup of oil


confectioner's sugar


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix lemon cake mix, eggs and oil in a bowl.  Spoon out quarter sized pieces of dough and roll into balls.  Dip balls into confectioner's sugar and place on a cookie sheet.


Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until tops begin to crack and bottoms begin to just turn golden.  Remove from oven and let cool completely.


I hope you enjoy these cookies!


Yours kindredly,


Shan

4 comments:

Nadine said...

Wow - those sound simple and delicious! I shall have to give those a try! Thank you for sharing the recipe with us!


Blessings!

~Nadine


Nadine's Nook

http://nadinesnook.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Those sound yummy! I'll have to remember to get a lemon cake mix the next time I go to the store.


God Bless!

Angela

Vicki said...

Sounds good and easy! I bet you could use any flavor cake mix, too.

That Girl

blessedmomof10 said...

Yum! We love love love lemon -- this looks like something my girls would enjoy making. Thank you for sharing!

God bless,

gloria