Saturday, August 15, 2009

Quiet Saturday......

Dearest Readers,


It is as quiet as a mouse here at Honey Hill Farm....everyone is away except yours truly.....


The clouds have rolled in and it is quite dark here in the parlour requiring me to turn on a light or two. The high is supposed to be only 79 as a cool front has moved in, so it was a perfect day for puttering in the garden and taking inventory of my canning jars and canning supplies.  I will definitely need to purchase more pint jars!


Dearest will be home around 2:00 this afternoon and then we will head out for a Birthday party for my "little" brother who will be turning 40! 


Later, we are attending a dinner to celebrate my high school reunion....30 years (she says quietly)! I am looking forward to catching up with everyone and learning about this season of their lives.



Monday the boys are coming over and helping us move furniture around the house.  I am relocating my craft/sewing room to the large basement bedroom and making a guest room out of my old craft room.  Oh dear!  I will be sure to take photos once I am settled into my new craft room...I am very excited about having such a large space. 


I hope you have a lovely weekend!


Yours so kindredly,


Shan


6 comments:

Kimberly said...

While you're inventorying,I'm canning! More squash pickles and cucumber pickles are on tap. If I can, :) I'll try to do my beans, too.

I am buried in quart jars over here and wish I had more pints as well. I was blessed Thursday with 30+ boxes of jars. Mostly more quarts, of course.

I so enjoyed our visit the other day and would love to repeat it soon!!!!!! I'd also like to mail a real thank you, not just email. I need to email you for your address.

So glad you're enjoying a quiet morning. I, too, had to turn on my lights in the kitchen to see! I would dearly love some rain.

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

Nadine said...

Dear Shan,


Sometimes it is quite nice to have that quiet time, especially when you know you have plans later! The pictures of your home look lovely! Enjoy your get-togethers!


Blessings!

~Nadine


Nadine's Nook

Anonymous said...

Oh I do love a good project.

http://hilluponhill.blogspot.com/

blessedmomof10 said...

Lovely photos, shan. I always enjoy stopping by your blog.

God bless,

gloria

Kathy said...

I enjoying reading your posts!

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks&Me said...

In our former home, I was going to paint our dining room a deep burgandy until my daughter warned me it would takes at least three coats of paint.


Since she was studying interior design at the university at the time, I took her word for it. Even though I do love the color, when I'm the one doing all the painting I don't want it THAT much. :)


Yours is beautiful.