Saturday, September 12, 2009

From My Reading Basket.....


Dearest Readers,


I thought I would share the books in my Reading Basket this week, as I am always interested in what other ladies (and gentlemen) are reading.


First and foremost I have reading for my spirit..."The Power of a Praying Wife", by Stormie Omartian.  This is a wonderfully gentle book about the power of prayer in your marriage...I highly recommend it to wives everywhere! (If you would like to order this book from Amazon, please visit my friend Brenda, and order from her Amazon widget...she receives a small credit with each order and it would be a blessing to her.)


Of course, you would expect a couple of Victorian magazines to be tucked in and I won't disappoint you! These are lovely old Victoria magazines that were gifted to me by a dear bloggy friend, Judi...I adore looking at the delightful photos.


Lastly, I have the most charming book"The Riches and Treasures of Home", by Kari Wisdom.  Now, this is one of those books that is so beautiful that you just wish you could climb right in and live there!



Pages of delightful illustrations....


Thoughtful advice for running your home and household the old-fashioned way abound....



Beautiful scripture verses edify and enlighten. A wonderful book to add to your library, I assure you.


So there you have it, my books for this week...well now, I think I shall brew a cup of tea and start reading!


Yours kindredly,


Shan


 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just recently found your blog and I just love it!

We also have much in common and I am glad to have your blog!

Wishing you a blessed Lord's Day!

Kelley

http://mypicketfencecottage.blogspot.com

Kimberly said...

Oh, that last one looks like quite a treasure! My basket is filled with ancient September Victorias as well. I am ready Sally Clarkson's Mom Walk for my spirit & Les Miserables for everything else. So much history and drama and spiritual truths all in one.

www.kimberlys-cup.blogspot.com

Nadine said...

A lovely selection of books and magazines. I have seen the Riches & Treasure book online and thought it looked like a wonderful book!

Thank you for sharing your reading basket with us!


Blessings!

~Nadine


Nadine's Nook

http://nadinesnook.blogspot.com

kim2661 said...

Hello Shan,

Thank you for reminding me about "The Riches and Treasures of Home". I had wanted to order it last year when I read about it, but had forgotten.

Your blog looks simply beautiful!

Blessings,

Kim