Tuesday, September 1, 2009

'Tis the Season.....

Dearest Readers,


Yes, Virginia it is canning season!  I am up to my eyeballs in produce and have been trying every method of "putting up" that I can conjure...canning, drying, freezing and storing produce in the fruit cellar. I will be happy as one can be come this winter when I can open a jar of "summer" and inhale the loveliness of the garden. 


So here is a little picture journal of where I shall be spending much of my time these next few days....








You can be sure that I will "relish" my time spent in pursuit of this most bountiful season.


Yours kindredly,


Shan

4 comments:

Nadine said...

What a beautiful setting to do all your summer preserving! Yes, enjoying the summer bounty come winter makes all the hard work worth it!


Blessings!

~Nadine


Nadine's Nook

Kimberly said...

I. too, relish this thyme of year. I find myself in a real pickle sometimes to get it all done. I end up in a jam around dinner time when I'm still working on the harvest. I just need to remind myself- I CAN do this!-and to use the crockpot tomorrow. ;)

www.kimberlys-cup.blogspot.com

bodkin said...

I love your "can do" attitude!!


Yours kindredly,

Shan

blessedmomof10 said...

Shan,

As always I enjoyed my visit to your blog today. I always love to hear what you are up to and see the beautiful photos of your home.

God bless,

gloria