Monday, November 9, 2009

Cozy Comfort...


Dearest Readers,


It is almost Eventide here at Honey Hill Farm as the sun begins to set.  It is always quiet at this time of day....so peaceful and beautiful as another day's bustling and rustling are settled down to a gentle pace.


Time to start our supper and put away all the strewn about items throughout our home.  Soon, I will light the lamps and enjoy our home in the cozy glow of the evening. 


Tonight Dearest, who is recovering from a dreadful cold, will watch football and root for his beloved Broncos.  I plan to make some Banana Bread (Crystal's wonderful recipe) in the warmth and comfort of our kitchen. Then I think I will sink into the depths of my easy chair and finish some embroidery on a tea towel...




Dearest and I have quite a few events this week that will take us away from home, so I will cherish any evening that I can spend curled up in front of the fire!


On Thursday I am going over to my Darling Girl's home and we are going to make Dresden Ornaments together.  We have each been gathering trims and such and should have some lovely ornaments at the end of the day.  As you can see by the link above, the ornaments are quite expensive (since they are made with antique "scrap") but we will be able to make them for just a few dollars each. 


I do promise to share photos just as soon as I can have Darling Boy over to resolve a computer issue....my camera is just about to burst with all the photos that I have taken these last few days!


I hope you are all well and happy and looking forward to the upcoming holidays...they do seem to appear rather quickly these days. 


Yours so kindredly,


Shan

4 comments:

Schatzi said...

Beautiful blog...so warming. Sounds like a wonderful evening is to be had by your family.


I will go and check out the links that you posted.


Blessings,

Connie

Kimberly said...

Miss you! The boys ask about you all the time. Would you like to come back over sometime soon? We'd love to see you!

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog. You have such a way with words that make everything you do so inviting and warm. Keep 'em coming.

Thanks for sharing!

Nadine said...

Sounds like a lovely evening to me! We just started up the fire in the woodstove and I plan on looking through a garden book that I picked-up at the thrift store today!

I am looking forward to seeing your finished ornaments! I adore homemade ornaments!


Blessings!

~Nadine