Monday, January 11, 2010

The Anticipation of a New Year.....

Dearest Readers,


I am sure that I am not alone when I say that I love the anticipation that comes with the arrival of a new year.  Crisp calendars with hundreds of unused days waiting to be filled.  Long forgotten sewing, patiently sitting next to the sewing machine, hoping to become a proud garment. The home, newly put in order after the Christmastide season, at the ready to offer shelter and comfort to all who enter.


Today, I will finish putting all the upcoming birthdays and special occasions on my calendar and note the gifts that I would like to make during the year.  Next, I plan to update my Homekeeping Binder with new pages and updated 2010 lists (everything from gardening ideas to new recipes I want to try). Finally, I will go into town and post the remaining bills for this month.


Once home, I will start working on my Valentine's vignette in my entryway.  Normally, I put out my snowman collection during the month of January, but as I have left it until so late in the month, I will just go ahead and decorate for February.


I do hope to return to my series, "The Art of Dressing Like a Lady". (I realize I said that I would post weekly and I believe I posted a whopping two times during the summer...dear me!) I have been terribly remiss in remembering to have Dearest take pictures....perhaps it is subconscious as I am very shy about having them taken, but I will talk to myself sternly and forge ahead! 


I have quite a few craft/sewing projects planned for the upcoming year and will share them with you.  I did sew up a muslin for this jumper, and let me just say....Pee Uuuu...it was just so awful on my figure.  I have since....during Christmastide....found another jumper pattern that I LOVE and need to remember to have my sweet husband snap a photograph of the finished dress so that I can share it with you....no zippers or buttons and it fits darling!


Of course, the garden is on my mind and I have been looking at seed catalogs and dreaming of rows upon rows of delicious vegetables and fruits....nothing is better than a fresh-from-the-garden tomato! I need to begin thinking of the canning I want to accomplish and plan accordingly....I may have been a little overzealous in my pickle inventory when it comes to the dill varieties!  This year I will make more bread and butter pickles as they are infinitely more popular here at Honey Hill Farm.


Lastly, I just feel completely blessed to be starting the new year with a healthy and loving family, a wonderful place to live, enough money to pay our bills and the faith to believe that He truly cares about me and mine....


Yours so very kindredly in this year of 2010,


Shan

4 comments:

Nadine said...

Blessings to you in this New Year Shan!

I too have been making plans and making lists for the upcoming months!


Blessings!

~Nadine

sweetlocuslane.blogspot.com said...

I look forward to seeing your new dress. I really enjoyed our dress like a lady series even though it was short, but then I always enjoy your blog. All the best for this year.


Blessings Marlyn

kim2661 said...

I'd love to see the jumper pattern that worked for you. I'd like to make one myself.

Blessings,

Kim

Lady in the Making said...

All the best to you and yours this year, Shan. Your blog is still my favorite! Hugs!