Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Art of Dressing Like a Lady.....


Dearest Readers,


Today, I want to share with you my continuing efforts to pursue the very old-fashioned notion of dressing like a lady....not just on special occasions, but each and every day. 


This lovely Saturday will find me in the kitchen preparing a few special dishes to welcome the children home for the weekend.  We will all spend time together, tucked in the back parlour to watch a little football.  (Sadly, our Broncos ended their season woefully, so the "fans" in this house will have to choose a favorite among the finalists.)


It would be far too easy to slip on a pair of sweatpants and an old sweatshirt and putter around the kitchen, but I will reach just a bit further into my closet and pull out a sweet jumper to wear today....



(Sorry about the quality of this picture.  I thought I would have a little fun and enhance it in Photobucket by cropping it and adding the frame...instead it just came out grainy! )


This cozy, comfy, yet perfectly ladylike jumper fits the bill perfectly! I made this embroidered (with sparkly golden roses!)denim jumper last month and have been so delighted to have it in my wardrobe.  Just a warm turtleneck and a pair of navy tights and I am ready for the day.


Of course, I will want to put on a little jewelry so I reach for one of my perennial favorites....my "Mother's Cameo".  A special gift from Dearest years ago featuring a Mother cradling her baby...



It's always a nice touch to style my hair and today I decided to wear it down and just curl it with the curling iron...this took only minutes and always makes me feel especially feminine.


Now, I can attend to the needs of my family and home all the while dressed in the sweet fashion and attitude of a lady....



I hope you will find time in the upcoming week to celebrate the Art of Dressing Like a Lady! Please leave me a link to your blog if you are posting about your experience....I would love to pay a housecall.


Yours so kindredly,


Shan


P.S.  I will post about the pattern for the featured jumper in my next post...easy, peasy and oh, so cute!

7 comments:

gabbie427 said...

This is the first time I have seen a pic of you! You are just beautiful from the inside out. I knew you would be.


The jumper is so pretty and so is your hair. The curls are lovely.


God's Blessings,

Amy Jo

Nadine said...

You look beautiful in your new jumper Shan!


Blessings!

~Nadine

Abby said...

You look very pretty !

Abby

sweyylocuslane.blogspot.com said...

Shan I love your jumper, and so look forward to your patterns and ideas on sewing it. Sometimes finding a pattern that fits well and you enjoy wearing everyday is a challenge ( or so I find). But your jumper can be worn different seasons with T-shirt or Turtle neck. Well done. I have enjoyed this post.


Marlyn

sweetlocuslane.blogspot.com said...

Typing in the dark. Sorry Shan I installed an incorrect address to our farm. I can't type in the dark or without glasses anymore!


Marlyn

tjenke said...

I think you have the ladylike dressing down pat. The dress is very pretty.

Ladyscott said...

You look lovely in that outfit! So many times I see pics of women in jumpers, especially homemade ones, who just look sadly frumpy, but you look so feminine, attractive and downright lovely and feminine! Thanks for sharing.