Tuesday, February 9, 2010

For the Love of Dishes....


Dearest Readers,


One of the loveliest adornments ever to grace a home....beautiful, elegant, charming dishes!  So delightfully unique, they lend beauty wherever they are placed....



Whether they are from your Great-Great-Grandmother's collection, thoughtful gifts from your darling children, or thrifted for mere pennies, dishes are a true delight!



I admit to an addiction for all orphaned dishes and feel compelled to bring them home and give them a proper home.  I am especially drawn to flow-blue and fruit or rose themed dishes...they just speak right to my heart....



Of course, I can't resist Currier and Ives dishes and not only use them for my everyday dishes, but love to decorate here and there with any "strays" that I bring home....



Why, I have even been known to use dishes as "hangers" for swagging shawls and fabric on walls....


(I am terribly fond of this particular vignette and have been "swagging" shawls and fabric ever since...)


I just adore dishes...how about you?



Yours so kindredly,


Shan

6 comments:

Nadine said...

How lovely Shan! I like to use old dishes that I find at garage sales around the house also. The small saucers are nice to place under candles or plants!


Blessings!

~Nadine

Brenda@Coffeeteabooksandme said...

I will always find my heart racing just a little when I see beautiful china (cheap). :)

www.sweetlocuslane.blogspot.com said...

Just beautiful Shan. I love blue and white china that isn't Blue Willow.You have such a beautiful home.


Marlyn

www.sweetlocuslane.blogspot.com said...

Shan


Thank-you for visiting me today and your kind comments.

Marlyn

Anonymous said...

All of those are just gorgeous! I too can't resist picking up strays and giving them a home. I'm a dishaholic! All the ones you showed are are so beautiful!


Manuela

www.thepleasuresofhomemaking.blogspot.com

Lady in the Making said...

Oh your home is so beautiful, Shan. I, too, love china - especially with roses on it! :)