Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Art of Dressing Like a Lady.....


Dearest Readers,


I finished the jumper that I sketched in my Sewing Planner (although I did change the decoration at the top of the jumper) and wore it for the first time yesterday. As it was a wee bit chilly, I donned a black turtleneck and black tights, along with a pair of black mary janes.



I so enjoyed its cozy comfort and ease of wearing, allowing me to breeze through my day while attending to all of my daily tasks.  Laundry churned, bread baked and the Easter decorations began to make their appearance around our little home. 


All the while, I felt completely feminine, yet ready to tackle anything that might come my way....


I do hope that you will find a way to include a little femininity in each day....it is so lovely.


Yours kindredly,


Shan


P.S. Do forgive these photos...Dearest was gone all day and I used my camera's self-timer...it was quite hilarious as I tried to "position" myself in the 10 seconds before the flash! 


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shan,


Your jumper turned out sooo beautiful!! I think the pictures are lovely! Your home is very pretty too!


Love, Heather

http://www.stevensrib.blogspot.com

HopefulHeart77 said...

I have also been pursueing this "art" once again. Thank you for sharing this beautiful photo.

Nadine said...

Dear Shan,


Your jumper turned out beautiful and you look very lovely in it! My oldest daughter has just started to learn to sew and is very interested in sewing clothing - such a wonderful skill to learn! So far she has sewn a dress and a skirt.


Your home looks so pretty with the sunlight coming in, I too must start to put out my spring decorations.


You mentioned that you wanted a post about beekeeping...I will work on that for you. My hubby is the one that is really in charge of them, but I will share what I know with you!


Blessings!

~Nadine

Handmaiden said...

I haven't been blogging lately, but I always take time to stop by and visit your home. I love your jumper. I love to sew. This last week I made an apron out of a shirt that I really liked, but since I lost weight it was too big (yea). So now I can still enjoy the shirt as an apron. Look forward to your spring decorations. Blessings to you and yours. Anne

sweetlocuslane.blogspot.com said...

Your jumper turned out lovely Shan. It will nice a springy with a t-shirt as well.


Isn't taking a picture of yourself hard. bet it took you a few tries!

Sierra at feminismtofaithfulness.blogspot.com said...

Your dress is beautiful! I have just recently been learning to sew, and have enjoyed it.


Dressing femininely is definately a lost art. I was raised wearing dresses, and now prefer it to any other clothing style.


Sierra

Anonymous said...

Pretty jumper. Nice choice of fabrics. You look very nice in it. Love your feminine hairstyle, too.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! I hope that you and your family had a Blessed Easter!


I recently wrote a post on Homemaking and would love your thoughts and comments! www.kathleenmiller.typepad.com