Saturday, June 12, 2010

Rainy Day Redecorating....

Dearest Readers,

It is a very cloudy, cool, rainy day here at my beloved Honey Hill Farm. I could not ask for a more suitable day than this to learn a little more about my new home here at Blogger. Please excuse my dust!! I have found a few links to charming blog "decor" and have had fun tweaking this and that to suit my fancy. Of course, everything might look different tomorrow......

If you have any links to free templates with a Victorian look, I would be eternally grateful for the addresses!

Now don't be dismayed Dear Reader, I am also changing a few little things here at Honey Hill...she says with a smile. I know that you are used to me redecorating fairly regularly and the current victim is our library. Dearest and I purchased two very tall bookcases to hold our ever expanding collection of books. Naturally, this required moving the smaller barrister bookcase, which in turn opened up a corner that just begged to be furnished with a comfy reading chair....

Upon arriving home with said chair....a lovely, over-sized leather, manly, Dickens-style chair...we were shocked and dismayed to find it would not, could not, fit through the door to our bedroom (which leads to the library). No Sir...not going to fit, no matter how it was turned, squished or otherwise manipulated. Back to the store.....

After trying...quite like Goldilocks...all the Victorian-looking chairs the store had in stock, we found a chair that we quite liked and it (we took the measuring tape this time) would actually fit through the door...hooray! The chair was not in stock...it will arrive in two weeks....ahem.

Two weeks is far too much time for me to look at a room undone.... I...Get...Ideas.....

I have realized that the ceiling needs to be "Victorianized" and I will paper and paint then glaze the ceiling to look like pressed tin (with an antique gold finish) ....of course, this will make the master bedroom's ceiling (ivory) stick out like a sore thumb, so it will need to be "Victorianized" as well....I think I hear Dearest sobbing in the other room...now don't you know, that the front bedroom can't be the last one standing with an ivory ceiling so it too will have to be painted or papered.....oh yes, I am just that crazy!

So here is a toast to rainy days...perfect for pondering, puttering and redecorating!

Yours so kindredly,
Shan




3 comments:

Stephane said...

If your looking for things to decorate, my house needs some work.

jazzer said...

you will be most pleased to know that the USA tied the infernal British Beasts

Manuela@TPOH said...

LOL! Your "Dearest" sounds like my husband! That was a very entertaining read. I'd love to see some photos of said chair. Those ceilings are going to be a lot of work but I'm sure they'll be just stunning when done!

Manuela