Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Taking Stock in the Kitchen...

Dearest Readers,

My lovely friend, Mrs. Tottingham, who resides here at Honey Hill Farm as my most welcomed guest, has invited me over for a visit....I always enjoy her charming kitchen.


Before the harvest begins in earnest, Mrs. Tottingham likes to take stock of the bounty she has put aside....just look at the lovely gathering in her wee-sized ice box....

Her kitchen is a marvel, as it is well-planned...only a pivot is needed from ice box to sink...


Her larder is quite full, but she knows that come winter she will need a few more provisions....


There is no time like the present, to "put by" all the wondrous goodies she can glean....isn't she a marvel as she looks well into the ways of her household!
I too, am busy gathering my jars, taking stock, thinking about "root cellaring" and drying all that I can muster from our garden and the farmer's market...what a busy time of year.

Yours so kindredly,
Shan




3 comments:

Sharon said...

Good morning Shan:)

What a sweet post! I too have been busy canning and stocking up for the winter months :) Have a blessed day!
Sharon

Cassandra said...

LOVE Mrs. Tottingham and your wonderful blog - Thank you for this adorable posting! Cassandra ♥

handmade toddler clothes said...

Mrs. Tottingham's kitchen is very cute.