Saturday, August 28, 2010

Tasha Tudor Day

Dearest Readers,

What a lovely "Tasha" day I have had...so gentle and slow....a day to savor. The day started with beautiful sunshine streaming into my small kitchen. I pulled out a copy of the Tasha Tudor Cookbook (from the library...it is on my Christmas list) and decided to make the Blueberry Muffins...

This is a delightfully easy recipe and makes 18 muffins...that is quite a large batch.....


I must admit to wanting the muffins to "hurry-up" and bake...but then I remembered that Tasha did not believe in hurry...



A delectable muffin along with a cup of tea for my morning meal....wonderful!


After tidying up the kitchen...I pondered about what to do next?


What could be more Tasha-like than drawing? Out came my colored pencils and my parchment paper...I wanted to draw embroidery designs for two homespun aprons that I will be making in the next few weeks....



Here are my drawings (or should I say chicken scratches?) inspired by the charming illustrations found in all of Tasha's books....


I now possess my very own copy of "The Private World of Tasha Tudor"...heaven!
(I know my local library is quite pleased...I checked it out so often that I am sure they worried that it would be read until it became tattered!)


I so love sitting alone in the quiet of the afternoon, reading about Tasha's life and feeling inspired to live life to the fullest...not being afraid to be different....

Finally, I sat down in the coolness of our back parlour and watched "Take Peace". It is all about Christmas at Corgi Cottage....

I have watched it 100 times and each time I enjoy it more!
(I have ordered Take Joy and cannot wait for it to come in the post...smile.)
I hope you have enjoyed spending the day with me in honor of Tasha Tudor...I just love her...and I hope that you do to.

Yours so kindredly,
Shan

To read more about how other kindred spirits are spending their Tasha Tudor Day, please visitStoryBook Woods.
Also, visit the Tasha and Family blog: Rookery Ramblings and enter in the Tasha Tudor Day giveaway!


9 comments:

Nadine said...

What a lovely way to spend Tasha Tudor day! The muffins look delicious and your drawings are wonderful!

Blessings!
~Nadine

Linda said...

I enjoyed your post about Tasha. I was thinking I'd like to get Take Peace. I don't think I've seen that one. Your designs for your aprons are lovely. Linda

Jorgelina said...

Wonderful post!!!
The muffins delicius.
Happy Tasha Tudor day!

Tracy said...

Your drawings are gorgeous! I would hardly call them chicken scratches. :)

Enjoyed reading about your day.

Joanne said...

Very lovely post indeed! The TT cookbook is wonderful...I posted a recipe that I used for Tasha Tudor celebration yesterday.
Enjoyed reading your gentle and lovely post,
Joanne at Seasonal Hearth

Susan said...

Good morning, Shan, and happy Tasha Tudor Day to you. I absolutely loved your post. It was beautiful, and so were your "chicken scratches". Not chicken scratches at all, you do very lovely drawings. Those were beautiful. (you should see mine~ now those are chicken scratches.)

I am a huge admirer of Tasha as well and celebrated TT day over at my blog, CluckleBees. I must have watched both the videos, Take Joy and Take Peace a hundred times as well. They relax me so much and put me in a most wonderful frame of mind. I sometimes like to play them low as I go about doing housework for a wonderful backdrop to the day.

I hope you will come and visit me for TT day too. I'm still making all the rounds this weekend trying to catch everyone's blog posts about this truly remarkable lady.

I hope you have a lovely Sunday,
Susan
http://clucklebees.blogspot.com/

Storybook Woods said...

Happy Tasha Tudor day (sorry I am a day late). I am soo happy you joined in on the fun and thank you for helping to get the word out. Clarice

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shan,
I have enjoyed your TT post. I just loved her.I enjoy sitting down with her books and relaxing.
Have a wonderful day.
Elizabeth

Sharon said...

Dear Shan,

I too, checked out that wonderful Tasha Tudor Cookbook, many years ago. Her blueberry muffin recipe was promptly copied out and became the recipe I always use. Don't you love the way she calls for "farm fresh eggs/milk"?