Monday, December 6, 2010

Victorian Holiday Home Tour 2010....My Kitchen

Dearest Readers,

I arrived back at my beloved Honey Hill Farm, arms laden with the last bits and bobs of Christmastide shopping, wondering if a post about my little kitchen would be a possibility today.  The gathering clouds and lateness of the day were already casting shadows....a challenge to my limited photography skills.

I lit my lamps (both electric and kerosene) put my packages away and then made myself a cup of tea....

The coziness of my kitchen in this gentle light begged capturing...so here is my (feeble) attempt to share with you the tender light and sweet comfort of my kitchen in the late afternoon...

There is still a hint of light shining through my window....


The loveliest glow at Eventide.....


A quiet vignette basks in the lamplight of my old red lamp...


Even everyday objects celebrate the season....


A vintage soap dish sports a bough of holly....


My pantry....


The quiet before a storm of Christmastide baking....


Delights of the season abound.....


Even the china cupboard casts its charms upon the scene....


And to add to our delight, Mrs. Tottingham has asked us to stay for tea....

Isn't her new kitchen in the china cupboard lovely?


The table is set and everything looks delicious....


Why, there is even a wee tree and a very festive looking present for Mr. Tottingham...

I hope that you have enjoyed your time here in my kitchen Dear Reader, I so wish that each of you could join me in person...but alas, we will have to be satisfied with our long distance visit.

Please join me later this week as I continue the tour (I hope I am not boring you my dear friends) of my old, yet charming Honey Hill.

Yours so kindredly this Eventide,
Shan






9 comments:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

That has to be the prettiest pantry on the planet!

Heritage Farmgirl said...

I love your kitchen Shan. I do have a question I hope you can answer. Your jars in the pantry have a lovely vintage sticker on it for labeling.I have been looking for such an item to put on my jars. Might I ask where you purchased this item. I am hoping on-line! I also would like it if you could give us some of the on-line address you might have for Victorian Items. here is Canada Victorian isn't so easily sought after, it is all more rusitc cabin stuff. Thanks. Marlyn
marlyndubay@gmail.com

Julian said...

so very beautiful(*sigh*) you can come do my home any time:)
love the mouse
christina

Shan said...

Dearest Marlyn,

Thank you for your lovely comment!

To answer the question about the labels...they are just printed on my computer and then held on by "sticky tack". (It is a removable putty that you can apply to anything.) I used to have pretty post-it type labels, but they don't make them anymore...sigh. I used a CD from Dover Publications for the graphic/labels.

http://doverpublications.ecomm-search.com/search?keywords=labels

My favorite source for Victorian items would have to be Victorian Trading Co. Besides their website they also will send you a free catalog! It is so wonderful to sit down with a cup of tea a do a little dreaming!

http://www.victoriantradingco.com/

I hope this helps...

Yours so kindredly,
Shan
Honey Hill Farm

Heritage Farmgirl said...

Thanks Shan, I shall take a peek. I love looking at your home. Ours is close to the same time period with very crooked walls when the paper is all removed. Like you I love every bump and horse hair in these walls, and try everything to adjust them to looking 'pretty'.

Marlyn

Quaker Cottage said...

A simply lovely kitchen. Thank you for the tour.
Kim

Anonymous said...

Shan,
Where do you get the little furniture for Mrs. Tottingham?I especially love the stove. I love your home,just looking at the pictures fills me with peace.Have a wonderful week.
God Bless you,
Gayle

Diane Shepard Johnson and Sarah E. Johnson said...

Dear Shan,

Your home looks so lovely decorated for Christmas! We love the little mouse Mrs. Tottingham's little kitchen in the cupboard! Her kitchen looks so festive, too!

Thank you for entering our Yellowware Bowl Giveaway.

The Editresses at The Corgyncombe Courant,
Diane and daughter Sarah

Suzanne said...

Your kitchen is just so cozy and inviting. I fear if I came in I should never want to leave:-)