Thursday, December 2, 2010

Victorian Holiday Home Tour 2010....The Entryway

Dearest Readers,

It is my pleasure to invite you over the threshold and into my old, yet cozy home here at Honey Hill Farm....


May the spirit of the season refresh you, and make your heart glad....

Evergreens abound as the symbol of Christmastide....... (I re-purposed my evergreen boughs elsewhere and my heartstrings called me to create this wreath ensemble...yeah or nay?)

Even lowly corners are treated to creative frippery.......


Christmastide brings greetings from far and near......


Garments are at the ready for any impromptu sledding or shopping excursions.......


Gingerbread is always delightful for nibbling....


A gift from Dearest long ago, this teddy sports his Christmastide finery.....


Ephemera, old and new, is a sentimental reminder of days gone by.....


A little ribbon and a single evergreen bough......simple loveliness.....



May your day be filled with the spirit of Christmastide!

Please join me tomorrow as we visit the Parlour and Dining Room....I look forward to chatting with you!

Yours so kindredly,
Shan

P.S.  Please note that the candle on my banister is an LED (real wax on the outside) with a timer.  It is a wonderful and SAFE way to have the glow of the season without any danger.  I must say that these candles look especially real in the glow of the evening! I am sure the "Victorians" would have loved them.....

4 comments:

Miss Sandra said...

Absolutely beautiful! The Christmas spirit is alive within your lovely home! Thank you for sharing. I look forward to seeing more.
Sandra

Tiff said...

Oh Shan! I love your home and I envy you for having a gorgeous front entry and staircase. They just don't build homes like they used to.

I was curious, did you make the apron you are wearing in your profile pic? I love the look of it and one of my goals this month is making a new full apron.

Too bad we live so far apart, I think we would make grand friends.

Tiff

Cassandra said...

You have such a beautiful home. The Victorian style is so pretty and Dickens~ish :) I am glad to have re-discovered your blog as I read it back when you were on homestead-blogger. We are living in a more rustic home as of the past few years and we heat with wood. I love it, but having 2 woodstoves running on these colds days is new to me. It is nice seeing and knowing others do the same.

Shan said...

Tiff,

Thank you for your kindness about my Honey Hill Farm....she is a grand old place.

I am actually wearing a jumper that I made by just using a dress pattern and removing the sleeves ( I opened the arm and neck just a bit). I added bias tape and buttons to the neck and bottom to give it a more vintage feel... here is a link so that you can see more of it:

http://honeyhillfarmshan.blogspot.com/2010/03/art-of-dressing-like-lady.html

Sense and Sensibilities has full covering aprons with a nice vintage look....I have made one and it is pretty easy!

http://sensibility.com/patterns/ladies-edwardian-apron-pattern/


If we lived closer we would be BFF's! (to quote my little niece)

Yours so truly kindredly,
Shan