Friday, December 3, 2010

Victorian Holiday Home Tour 2010.....The Parlour


Dearest Readers,

A beautiful sunny day has blessed us here at Honey Hill Farm. What a perfect time to invite you in to visit my parlour......(The photograph above depicts our parlour looking inward from the entryway.)


The first vignette you will notice will be my Currier & Ives village resting upon the buffet.  This charming village was collected long ago over several years (it was carried by JoAnn's, however, it has been discontinued). I originally displayed this village on a ledge above the stairs leading down to the fruit cellar, but I was having difficulty reaching to the farthest ends of the display...hence, the move to the parlour.

Here are just a few of the sweet little inhabitants going about their daily lives...







If you will follow me across the room you will find this view to be waiting....

Holiday frippery abounds whilst a cozy sofa offers a quiet place to rest....


 An old phonograph awaits jolly visitors to request a Christmas tune....
(The parlour lamp is the one I brought home from Lehman's...so pretty.)


A much loved golden oak Victorian high chair has pride of place and a festive attitude....


Even the blue and white dishes are proud of their Christmas spirit....


This view affords guests a look towards the front window of the parlour...isn't the sunshine cheerful?


Lastly, we are around to the piano sporting a few more houses in my collection....


A wee offering of roasted chestnuts...
(This is my latest addition...I don't add to my village much anymore, but this scene just spoke to my heart.)

Well, Dear Reader....the clock is chiming, announcing the time has come for us to part company.  You have been a most enjoyable guest, so I do hope you will only say farewell and not goodbye.

Please join me on Monday when we shall visit the Kitchen here at Honey Hill.

Yours so kindredly,
Shan

2 comments:

Out Back said...

Your home is beautiful Shan. Its like a step back in time.

It is always calming and refreshing when I come and visit with you a while .

Thank you for sharing a touch of your lovely life.

Tania

Julian said...

fancy fancy! I love the lace, the soft lighting, the beautiful sofa, and the tiny little village. I really like the blue and white as I collect them myself. Thanks for taking the time to show us round! Blessings this weekend,
christina