Saturday, December 11, 2010

Victorian Holiday Home Tour 2010.....The Back Parlour

Dearest Readers,

Welcome once again to Honey Hill Farm!  Today I invite you to step into the back parlour...the fire is lit and the tree is glowing.....

It is a Tasha day....I am going to sit and work on some hand sewing while watching Take Peace...

Christmastide makes for such a lovely time...evergreens tucked in here....

And there...

Twinkling lights.....

Chickens and tea....

Each little corner.....

Wishes to be included in the celebration....

The frippery multiplying the spirit of the season...

A Christmastide Soda Fountain....

Old-Fashioned treats....

Sweet tidings of joy....

Visiting "Littles" make sure to stop....

For a piece of penny candy before heading home....


And that my Dear Readers is a look into the Back Parlour...

I think it is time for me to nestle down in my easiest of easy chairs and spend the afternoon  peacefully stitching, watching Tasha...a gentle life, even at Christmastide.

May you have a gentle day too...my dear friends...

Yours kindredly,
Shan

6 comments:

Heritage Farmgirl said...

As always beautiful Shan. Tasha on TV? please tell us about what type of gem you have going on there? I did not know they have movies out about her? I learn so much from you.

Another question. The tin ceiling wall in your kitchen. Is it wall paper or real tin? I am wanting to do our Master bedroom with the wallpaper tin look but don't know how well it paints.

Marlyn

Shan said...

Dearest Marlyn,

Thank you for your wonderfully kind comments!

I have two DVD's (they also have VHS) about Tasha...Take Peace and Take Joy. You can order them here:

http://shop.tashatudorandfamily.com

This is her official family website and it is a lovely place to spend some time. Lots of "Tasha things" to purchase...they are not easily found elsewhere.

As to the "tin" ceiling in my kitchen...it is embossed wallpaper. I cut it into easy to manage squares, hung it, painted it grey and then applied a silver glaze. The whole project cost me less than $20 (I bought the wallpaper on sale). It was time-consuming but easy! You can find embossed paper at Lowe's and Home Depot or order it on-line from a wallpaper store.

Yours so kindredly,
Shan
Honey Hill Farm

Cassandra said...

So pretty!! I have loved Tasha since reading her book A Time to Remember when my teens were small. What wonderful ideas she introduced into our home! I have never seen that video, but would love to. I would never think of a Christmas-tide soda fountain. How completely fun!

Kimberly said...

Oh, how I wish I could sit there with you and watch Tasha and do lovely things!

Sarah said...

So very pretty!

Sarah

Diane Shepard Johnson and Sarah E. Johnson said...

Dear Shan,

Congratulations! You are the winner of the Corgyncombe Courant Yellowware Bowl Giveaway! We know it will look great in your home and you find many uses for it!

Please send us an email with your address so we can send it out to you.
Our email is: atthecottagegate@yahoo.com

Love your soda fountain! We love old soda fountain collectibles, too!

The Editresses of The Corgyncombe Courant,
Diane and daughter Sarah