Sunday, January 23, 2011

My "Tasha" Bowl...and other musings....


Dearest Readers,

You can imagine my delight when I was selected to receive this beautiful "Tasha" bowl as a gift from the lovely ladies of the Corgyncombe Courant! What a truly wonderful gift! A very large hug to my dear kindred spirits, Diane and Sarah....your blog is so very inspiring and charming.  Thank You.

Life continues here at my beloved Honey Hill at a gentle pace...tender care taken to make each day thoughtful and productive.  The house is back to its usual self as all of the Christmastide decor has been stored away for another year.  It took about 10 days to for me to un-decorate, pack, clean and re-decorate each room.  I always remark each year about the abundance of Christmastide decor here in our home, but I truly love to decorate and wouldn't have it any other way.

What else?  Ah yes, we are going to expand our garden the whole length of the Eastern side of our yard. Our plans include a new raspberry patch along with a potato patch, a better place for the compost area and...keeping my fingers crossed.....a GREENHOUSE!  We will build it ourselves (we have oodles of recycled glass and lumber) and I have been studying ideas and plans for the better part of the year.  I think we will be building a solar pit greenhouse with a small pellet stove for heat during the winter...the thought of a lovely ripe tomato in the middle of winter is almost too much to consider.  I will keep you posted.

I have three more jumpers to make out of winter weight material...I will post separately about the jumper as it is a new pattern.  I want to show you a photograph of yours truly in the jumper but I would like to purchase a tripod so that I can take my own "self portraits" and not have to bother Dearest. My old method of using the self-timing feature with the camera "propped" precariously on a piece of furniture...well, let us just say that someone or something was going to suffer the consequences.

Other than making a grocery list for the week, and folding a little laundry, I think that I will spend time today making a few more wee mice (see photograph above).  I just love adding a bit of whimsy here and there...and nothing is more whimsical than a cute mouse in an unexpected place...a la Tasha style.


Yours kindredly,
Shan

5 comments:

Heather said...

your mice are soo cute!!!

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Those mice are the cutest!

The house seemed so bare that first week after we put away the Christmas "stuff". I just love the sparkle it gives all of life.

Unlike my decorations, I do get the Christmas music out once in awhile through the year.

Heritage Farmgirl said...

Your mice are adorable Shan. Beautiful bowl too!

Diane Shepard Johnson and Sarah E. Johnson said...

Dear Shan,

What a wonderful photograph of the bowl and the darling mice in your pantry!!!

Every year I plan on expanding my gardens, too. You'll love having a greenhouse! We find that winter is the best time to do sewing as we don't have all the outside work to do. Tillie Tinkham, the seamstress mouse of Corgyncombe, tells us that mice are just the thing to help with your sewing!

We have put a link on our blog to your blog post with the mice and eggs in the bowl. We just love that photo! We are so glad that you are enjoying the bowl!

Your friends,
Diane and daughter Sarah, and Tillie Tinkham the mouse

The BUTT'RY and BOOK'RY said...

Oh what a delightful visit!
And polite mice are such a joy to have around!
(especially when they are as cute as the ones in the happy Tasha bowl!
Blessings from Linnie